Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
thank you! would this be like, for example, "in my role as brand ambassador at ABC firm, I organised XYZ event, which had over 30 attendees"?
Yes that kind of detail. Did you meet/exceed your targets as a campus ambassador? Did you come up with any creative ideas to promote the organisation. You don’t have to tell me what a campus ambassador does, but I want to hear what you personally achieved or what wouldn’t have happened if you hadn’t been in the role

• Love
Reactions: cryingoverTCs

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Does anyone know if there is a list indicating which GDL/LPC providers that each law firm send their trainees to?
Don’t think there is one - mainly where it doesn’t matter where you study if you do choose to self fund, you won’t be excluded from applying to/getting hired from the firms that use an alternative provider to you.

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    Does anyone know if there is a list indicating which GDL/LPC providers that each law firm send their trainees to?
    I know that Travers Smith, Norton Rose, Freshfields, Linklaters, Hogan Lovells, HSF, Slaughters and I think Clifford Chance all use BPP. BPP is arguably the 'bigger' provider in terms of City firms imo

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Can I mention the name of the firm I am brand ambassador for in a answer to an application question for a different firm? Or should I just say "brand ambassador for a multinational law firm"?
    I would name the firm. Being vague about these things causes more suspicion. Thoughts are “why are you being so vague about who you worked for?”

D

Deleted member 8227

If I have to email graduate recruitment and not a specific person on the GR team, is it fine to address the email as 'dear graduate recruitment team'?

Legally brown

Distinguished Member
    Dec 6, 2020
    I've just sent you a message :)
    omg same! I was confused if the VI is automatic or if we have to answer the questions in the form well enough to get to that point - do you know? also, how are you going to prep for the interview? :)
    Hi! Yh I have also been moved to stage 2! Still very confused and don't understand how I should answer the question!

IntrepidL

Legendary Member
    Jul 29, 2018
    Hi, I know several big US firms (Cleary Gottlieb, Vinson & Elkins, Covington & Burling) and Linklaters and Ashurst sends their trainees to Ulaw. Other MC firms and NRF send their trainees to BPP.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.