Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hi @Jxmxs00Does anyone have any functional advice for live virtual interviews? I think it would be easier to show enthusiasm in person, so how have people gone about this behind a screen? Equally, it's obviously important to look at the webcam when you're speaking to give the impression of eye contact, but it's not the same as actual eye contact - if I were to look at them, I'd be looking downwards.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated
I haven’t heard anything back either!Anyone heard from NRF for TC? I just realised it’s been two weeks since their email saying they’d now review TC apps and let us know in two weeks. And while I understand of course that it isn’t to be a strict deadline + GR is probably overwhelmed with applications and working from home, it’s made me very nervous!
Just to add to this last bit- is it okay to wear headphones as sometimes my sound can get a little echoey without them?@Jxmxs00
To further the excellent advice already given, I agree that smiling and body language become much more important.
Just as a practical tip - do a dry run with a friend. Often we cannot know what our sound quality is like or if there is feedback in the room so by doing a run with a friend, they can pick up on all these things for you. You may also find this beneficial to practice 'eye contact' with the camera and also to get your friend to feedback on your mannerisms and body language. I personally speak a lot with my hands but a friend can tell you whether it is distracting/too out of eyeshot etc.
The other thing is to check your connection/background and tell anyone else in the house you have an interview! No one wants the infamous BBC interview debacle with family or flatmates wandering into the camera's eyeline.
Absolutely - i do so as well because my room is quite echoey which can make feedback an issue. Many people wear earphones/headsets so don't worry at allJust to add to this last bit- is it okay to wear headphones as sometimes my sound can get a little echoey without them?
Brilliant thank you! That puts me a bit more at ease!Absolutely - i do so as well because my room is quite echoey which can make feedback an issue. Many people were earphones/headsets so don't worry at all![]()
To add further to this, I wrote made the following thread and post on VIs a little while back:Does anyone have any functional advice for live virtual interviews? I think it would be easier to show enthusiasm in person, so how have people gone about this behind a screen? Equally, it's obviously important to look at the webcam when you're speaking to give the impression of eye contact, but it's not the same as actual eye contact - if I were to look at them, I'd be looking downwards.
Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
Don't know what you're talking about Alice hahaha...@Daniel Boden may be able to help!![]()
I’d go with the formal Yours sincerely and your name.Sorry for revisiting an old reply but I was wondering if ‘thank you’ suffices as a sign off given the word limit, or should I include ‘yours sincerely, (my name)’? Thank you![]()
I’d go into more detail than just the title. It doesn’t need to be extensive descriptions of what you did. But it would be good to show your impact/success/outcomes from that role.If an app Q asks you to list your responsibilities, interests, hobbies, awards, positions of responsibility etc in bullet points, then how much detail do you need to go into? For example, can I just say "brand ambassador at ABC firm" as my first bullet point?
thank you! would this be like, for example, "in my role as brand ambassador at ABC firm, I organised XYZ event, which had over 30 attendees"?I’d go into more detail than just the title. It doesn’t need to be extensive descriptions of what you did. But it would be good to show your impact/success/outcomes from that role.
Yes that kind of detail. Did you meet/exceed your targets as a campus ambassador? Did you come up with any creative ideas to promote the organisation. You don’t have to tell me what a campus ambassador does, but I want to hear what you personally achieved or what wouldn’t have happened if you hadn’t been in the rolethank you! would this be like, for example, "in my role as brand ambassador at ABC firm, I organised XYZ event, which had over 30 attendees"?
Hey, I was wondering if you received an answer to your question? or if you had any info?Has anyone completed the aptitude test for Fox Williams? If so, any advice about what it’s like/how difficult it is compared to the standard WG test? Thanks
Don’t think there is one - mainly where it doesn’t matter where you study if you do choose to self fund, you won’t be excluded from applying to/getting hired from the firms that use an alternative provider to you.Does anyone know if there is a list indicating which GDL/LPC providers that each law firm send their trainees to?
I know that Travers Smith, Norton Rose, Freshfields, Linklaters, Hogan Lovells, HSF, Slaughters and I think Clifford Chance all use BPP. BPP is arguably the 'bigger' provider in terms of City firms imoDoes anyone know if there is a list indicating which GDL/LPC providers that each law firm send their trainees to?