Gowling WLG VC Application Question

AspiringLawyer112

Esteemed Member
Jan 3, 2021
Yh it was my friend she is attending an AC on 9th feb for the Birmingham office.
Do you or anyone know how soon are the London AC invites? Because that’s a week away. What’s the notice usually like

It’s just strange that no one else here has already got an invite to AC for the bham office?
Does anyone know if they’re likely to hand out more invites next week?

Reactions: Afrin Nanavatti

Afrin Nanavatti

Jan 3, 2021
Do you or anyone know how soon are the London AC invites? Because that’s a week away. What’s the notice usually like

It’s just strange that no one else here has already got an invite to AC for the bham office?
Does anyone know if they’re likely to hand out more invites next week?
I also find it odd that no one on here has had any info on the Birmingham office, I'm trying to remain hopeful that they have more places for next week but I don't want to get my hopes up.

kas

Jan 29, 2021
I applied to the London one and also got a rejection (today around 4.30pm). Oh well, wasn't meant to be. Will be applying for more vac schemes this weekend. Also, I found it quite unprofessional of them to make us wait over 3 weeks, I understand it takes time but they could have sent a holding email to us. I had some technical issues with the video interview as well (one of the questions froze and had to get in touch with their IT support, they resolved it but it ruined the experience) plus I didn't get an automated email after completing the video interview and had to get in touch with them to confirm they got it. Overall, the whole experience was bad so it makes me feel better about the rejection now :)

V.s122

Jan 29, 2021
I applied to the London one and also got a rejection (today around 4.30pm). Oh well, wasn't meant to be. Will be applying for more vac schemes this weekend. Also, I found it quite unprofessional of them to make us wait over 3 weeks, I understand it takes time but they could have sent a holding email to us. I had some technical issues with the video interview as well (one of the questions froze and had to get in touch with their IT support, they resolved it but it ruined the experience) plus I didn't get an automated email after completing the video interview and had to get in touch with them to confirm they got it. Overall, the whole experience was bad so it makes me feel better about the rejection now :)
Omg same! My question 2 cut out and then I had to go back and finish it after I completed the interview. I feel like they were very unprofessional in having us wait so long.

AspiringLawyer112

Esteemed Member
Jan 3, 2021
Hey we’re we meant to get an automated email
After completing the VI?

Reactions: Afrin Nanavatti

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.