Gowling WLG VC Application Question

C

Carys Holland

Hi!! I have the AC coming up and just wondering what the layout is generally and what to revise for each section? Thank you in advance!
I believe the layout is in the email you get sent before! But there’s basically a written task, a group meeting and then an interview.

my experience last year was that the interview was mainly competency based so definitely have some examples you can give for competency questions. I’d say brush up on your knowledge of the firm and commercial issues in general. If you can answer “why Gowling” and “why law”, even if they don’t ask your research and prep will be really useful! From my experience last year I felt really comfortable the whole day as everyone was so nice so just be yourself and you’ll be great☺️

Reactions: Grace_winter9

Grace_winter9

Oct 21, 2020
I believe the layout is in the email you get sent before! But there’s basically a written task, a group meeting and then an interview.

my experience last year was that the interview was mainly competency based so definitely have some examples you can give for competency questions. I’d say brush up on your knowledge of the firm and commercial issues in general. If you can answer “why Gowling” and “why law”, even if they don’t ask your research and prep will be really useful! From my experience last year I felt really comfortable the whole day as everyone was so nice so just be yourself and you’ll be great☺️
Thank you! I wonder if group tasks are going to be difficult to do given the virtual environment... hope it’s not too bad :)

AspiringLawyer112

Esteemed Member
Jan 3, 2021
nope, the closer it gets to friday the less hope i have for good news 😅 though i suppose as no one from the birmingham office on here has heard anything positive it must mean theres more places?
Lmao I thought the exact same. I remember ppl on here who applied to the London office heard from Gowling re ac invites around 8pm? At least that’s when they messaged to say they just got the invite.
I check my emails until 9pm I am SO nervous

Halima Ramjan

Premium Member
Feb 24, 2020
Lmao I thought the exact same. I remember ppl on here who applied to the London office heard from Gowling re ac invites around 8pm? At least that’s when they messaged to say they just got the invite.
I check my emails until 9pm I am SO nervous
I am worried because it seemed like they left the PFO’s towards the end of the week :(

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.