Gowling WLG VC Application Question

lawyer foru

Star Member
Feb 13, 2021
No, not yet. I'm guessing it takes a little while to sort out everyone's allocations!

Well that's great news for us then! :D I'm really hoping to land an offer with Gowling - they have been top of my list since day 1.

Good luck on which ever scheme you land on - hopefully we'll get some good news x
yes i hope so !! its my top firm too!! Are u London or Bham? xx

Plum

Star Member
Oct 30, 2019
I vaguely remember reading somewhere that there are double the number of vacation scheme placements than there are training contracts. So I'm presuming anywhere from 40-50% of us on the schemes will be offered a TC. Gowling has always said that they hire most trainees from the schemes but I know they do take some from direct applications too. I'd say there is a decent chance if you've made it to a VS, not sure how this compares to other firms though!

Have you had confirmation yet about which scheme you'll be attending?
Gowling only hire from VS, no direct applications.

Reactions: BorgP95

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.