Gowling WLG VC Application Question

SKB

Premium Member
Jun 28, 2019
The thing is I am unsure if all of us penultimate year applicants will be put forward for the summer scheme and those graduates or final years will be put forward for the spring scheme.

let’s hope we hear back this week.

best of luck everyone.

I’d have thought the spring one would go to graduates as students actually get a summer break and graduates are usually employed and it’d be difficult taking 2 weeks off of work! - In my opinion anyway , but who knows what they’ll do!
Good luck to all nonetheless

Reactions: LegalLordLox

hopefullawyer123

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 25, 2020
I’d have thought the spring one would go to graduates as students actually get a summer break and graduates are usually employed and it’d be difficult taking 2 weeks off of work! - In my opinion anyway , but who knows what they’ll do!
Good luck to all nonetheless

Won’t they be holding all the AC’s together regardless of spring or summer?

Reactions: LegalLordLox

Afrin Nanavatti

Jan 3, 2021
I don’t remember having the option to select which scheme?
We weren’t given an option, they might give us an option after the AC (if we get in hopefully), or allocate us to a scheme.
I know the suspense is rough but I’m sure that once one of us gets a reply someone will post on here to let us know!

hopefullawyer123

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 25, 2020
Looks like next week should be the winner! To be honest 4 weeks is a long time to not hear back at all.

Although this would never happen - would be great if they just offered TC’s from the video interview :D

View attachment 2589

Didn’t even notice it’s almost been 4 weeks! Wow! Does anyone know how many applicants Gowling receive in total?

Afrin Nanavatti

Jan 3, 2021
Didn’t even notice it’s almost been 4 weeks! Wow! Does anyone know how many applicants Gowling receive in total?
I read somewhere that Gowling has 50 spaces for vac schemes and 25 for training contracts. Probably means that the AC will have 50+ candidates. I am not sure about the total volume of applicants however but it is still impressive that we have made it this far! I have seen scary statistics like 8000 applications per firm but not sure how true that is!

Reactions: hopefullawyer123

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.