Having no extracurriculars?

Biena

Distinguished Member
Nov 11, 2019
Hey all,

I am a couple of years out of university, with a (demanding!) full-time job on a consulting grad scheme while also studying part-time for exams. Because I also try to have a social life when I can, I really do no extracurriculars apart from a volunteering day here and there through work, so I'm really struggling to answer application questions related to these. When at university I held society and charity positions, but that was almost four years ago now so doesn't seem relevant - is anyone else is a similar position?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
You use your uni examples where appropriate - they are fine to use. It basically shows you could balance your degree and extra curriculars.

feel free to mention anything you do in work that is outside of your day job (eg member of an internal network, CSR activities, fundraising, getting involved in things like graduate recruitment).

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.