Hearing Back from Firms + AC & Interview Tips Share - 2018 - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.Cole

Future Trainee
Apr 12, 2019
Hey, where did you hear about the document review exercise? I was invited to a Bakers AC too but my email and the website just says case study interview, competency interview and group exercise

Naomi

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Oct 14, 2018
Received a phone call earlier today offering me a TC following my Spring vac scheme. Honestly ecstatic :) especially considering last cycle I was told not to apply to US firms as they would be a long shot given my grades/experience. I've found this forum incredibly supportive, and it's been truly great knowing people are backing you at each step of the (long and arduous!) process.

Very best of luck to everyone with upcoming ACs/interviews/vacation schemes!! And if I can help in any way then please feel free to message me!

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Received a phone call earlier today offering me a TC following my Spring vac scheme. Honestly ecstatic :) especially considering last cycle I was told not to apply to US firms as they would be a long shot given my grades/experience. I've found this forum incredibly supportive, and it's been truly great knowing people are backing you at each step of the (long and arduous!) process.

Very best of luck to everyone with upcoming ACs/interviews/vacation schemes!! And if I can help in any way then please feel free to message me!
    Absolutely delighted for you @Naomi! Brilliant to hear! A truly fantastic achievement - make sure you celebrate properly this weekend as all of your hard work has paid off! :D

• 🤝
    Reactions: Naomi

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018

Amazing. Well done you!

• 🤝

Helena

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 28, 2018

This is fantastic news. Seriously well done.

• 🤝

JoNo

Legendary Member
    Jan 28, 2019

Amazing Naomi - well done!! :)

• 🤝

Salma

Legendary Member
    Feb 28, 2018

Congrats Naomi!!! Truly deserved.

• 🤝

ELA

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 20, 2019

Amazing! Well done!

• 🤝

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018

I am so happy for you Naomi, really well done!

• 🤝

ELA

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jan 20, 2019
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm thinking about next application cycle and wonder if people with more experience of applying have thoughts on this:

Where firms offer Winter, Spring and Summer vacation schemes, and all schemes offer a TC interview at the end (and assuming I am eligible to either of them), what factors should I take into consideration when deciding which scheme to apply to? Are there any strategic considerations?

As a side question, if a scheme is open to Law/GDL/LPC student only (vs. everyone), would you say these are likely to be 'less' competitive? (I know it is always highly competitive of course).

Thanks for your thoughts!

Helena

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 28, 2018
    Hi Everyone,
    I'm thinking about next application cycle and wonder if people with more experience of applying have thoughts on this:

Where firms offer Winter, Spring and Summer vacation schemes, and all schemes offer a TC interview at the end (and assuming I am eligible to either of them), what factors should I take into consideration when deciding which scheme to apply to? Are there any strategic considerations?

As a side question, if a scheme is open to Law/GDL/LPC student only (vs. everyone), would you say these are likely to be 'less' competitive? (I know it is always highly competitive of course).

Thanks for your thoughts!
    When you say open to Law/GDL/LPC only, do you know of schemes who will not consider non-Law? Just to clarify.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.