Hearing Back from Firms + AC & Interview Tips Share - 2018 - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

datguyak

Esteemed Member
Nov 20, 2018
I passed the VI stage- I remember just answering what a trainee does in a quite generic way, like go to court, draft minutes etc- I didnt really get too bogged down into the details- I hope that helps a bit

Hazal

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Sep 25, 2018
I passed the VI stage- I remember just answering what a trainee does in a quite generic way, like go to court, draft minutes etc- I didnt really get too bogged down into the details- I hope that helps a bit
Oh well done! Yeah that does. Wasn't sure if it was relating to why you want to be a lawyer that's why I got confused.

Phoebe

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 25, 2018
Hi! Does anyone know if the Bird & Bird VI would be the same for TCs as it is for vacation schemes i.e. competency and strength based questions? And does anyone know how long you get to answer each question?

Kim LD

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Hey guys! Did anyone get a rejection from Weil on the basis that all the positions have been taken? I'm thinking about starting my application today (which is short so should be done tomorrow the latest) but as they recruit on a rolling basis I don't know whether it'll be a waste of time or not.
Thanks! :)

datguyak

Esteemed Member
Nov 20, 2018
3. One of Linklaters’ core values is that we strive for excellence. Tell us the ways in which you have sought to develop yourself personally and professionally to attain excellence. (350 word limit)

- Does anyone know what this question is getting at- I'm not too sure how to answer it- apologies if it has been answered somewhere else

AJ

Legendary Member
Sep 11, 2018
Does anyone know what’s happening with CC or had any progress? I got one email shortly after the Watson Glazer test to say I passed. Now just received an email to say I failed, but it referenced an old report from when I applied before.
Anyone else had a similar experience with CC??

Helena

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Feb 28, 2018
Does anyone know what’s happening with CC or had any progress? I got one email shortly after the Watson Glazer test to say I passed. Now just received an email to say I failed, but it referenced an old report from when I applied before.
Anyone else had a similar experience with CC??
That's awful! Hope they sort it out.

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Will wait a bit. Hoping it’s a glitch!!! Especially if it’s happened to anyone else.
    Yeah, will try contact them... but not sure the answer will change

If the old one referenced an old report, perhaps you failed that one but passed your latest one?

Reactions: Daniel Boden

Akky123

Nov 10, 2018
    Hey guys! Did anyone get a rejection from Weil on the basis that all the positions have been taken? I'm thinking about starting my application today (which is short so should be done tomorrow the latest) but as they recruit on a rolling basis I don't know whether it'll be a waste of time or not.
    Thanks! :)

am currently writing my application now... would be very sad if i did receive this, considering the time I have spent on it

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.