Hearing Back from Firms + AC & Interview Tips Share - 2018 - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roland

Distinguished Member
Jan 10, 2019
Also just got a HSF rejection which doesn’t feel as bad as it might otherwise do :D
Congrats for getting onto Shearman's Spring Scheme!! Really well done!
I also just got a rejection from HSF lol... I am still waiting to hear back from Shearman's Spring Scheme though. I'm not banking on it as some of you have already completed AC and got offers?

Reactions: Alice G

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Congrats for getting onto Shearman's Spring Scheme!! Really well done!
I also just got a rejection from HSF lol... I am still waiting to hear back from Shearman's Spring Scheme though. I'm not banking on it as some of you have already completed AC and got offers?
Thank you so much!! I know they are interviewing at least for the next couple of weeks and I was unsure when I would hear because they said it really could be any time over the next few days or two weeks so don’t worry too much!! And honestly the world works in funny ways and I have every confidence the right firm will give you the call you are hoping for! :)

Reactions: ACMW and Salma

anf1811

Star Member
Premium Member
Apr 6, 2018
Thank you so much!! I know they are interviewing at least for the next couple of weeks and I was unsure when I would hear because they said it really could be any time over the next few days or two weeks so don’t worry too much!! And honestly the world works in funny ways and I have every confidence the right firm will give you the call you are hoping for! :)
Hi Alice

Congrats on getting a vac scheme offer. I have my interview with Shearman on Monday and would really appreciate any advice you could give on the interview.

Thanks
Noel

Reactions: Alice G

haylaw

Star Member
Jan 16, 2019
I still haven't received any response on whether I passed the test or not. Should I assume this is a PFO?
Hi there,

I received an email last week telling me that I passed the test and that my application was now being reviewed but have heard nothing back since.
One of my friends received an email telling them that they passed the test and their application was being reviewed and then a couple hours letter got a PFO.
Another of my friends is yet to hear back at all

So I don't think it means much that you haven't heard back! If anything its probably good news!
Good luck x

anf1811

Star Member
Premium Member
Apr 6, 2018
Hi there,

I received an email last week telling me that I passed the test and that my application was now being reviewed but have heard nothing back since.
One of my friends received an email telling them that they passed the test and their application was being reviewed and then a couple hours letter got a PFO.
Another of my friends is yet to hear back at all

So I don't think it means much that you haven't heard back! If anything its probably good news!
Good luck x
Hi sorry if this is a stupid question but what does PFO mean? I keep seeing it in posts and can’t work out what it means haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.