Hearing Back from Firms + AC & Interview Tips Share - 2018 - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 613

Has anyone heard back from Freshfields after the VS AC?
Had mine on Feb 12 and Stef from Grad Rec told me they would aim to let me know in a week :D I know the firm is notorious for letting people know quite late so I'm trying not to worry – but if there's anybody out there in the same situation, know that you're not alone!

I know @Raphael Yan Bing Khoo has been successful, but not sure if it was for TC or VS? How long did it take for you to find out?

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Delighted to say I have secured a Vacation Scheme with Latham & Watkins! They very kindly switched my spring application to summer because of an issue with conflicting dates but just had confirmation this morning :) thank you for everyone’s help and motivation, this is such an incredible community :)

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Delighted to say I have secured a Vacation Scheme with Latham & Watkins! They very kindly switched my spring application to summer because of an issue with conflicting dates but just had confirmation this morning :) thank you for everyone’s help and motivation, this is such an incredible community :)
    You're killing it! First Shearman and now Latham that's amazing! Very well done :)

Reactions: Katie R

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018

Well done :)! I'm glad you were able to switch without any problems!

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Well done Alice - you obviously have the star quality.
    Gosh that’s kind of you to say, I must say I couldn’t have done it without all of the help and support of everybody here, truly. I wish you all the very best and with your other apps!! :)

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Hi guys, bit of a predicament. I have just been offered a vac scheme with Jones Day in July. They were litreally my top choice from the very start. Only thing is that I ended up accepting a vac scheme at an other firm in July as they took so long to get back to me and the other offer was going to expire. What do I do ?? Can I ask JD to transfer me to the spring scheme or upcoming winter scheme ? Can I change my vac scheme dates with the other firm ? Would JD be accomadating towards someone in my situation. I really don't want to miss out on such an amazing opportunity!!
    Hi! This was essentially what happened with me! Firms really do try to be accomodating and you’ve already done the hard work to secure the VS (well done!!). Just stress how keen you are on them and ask if there is absolutely anything you can do and just ask if you can switch or even offer to be assessed for a direct TC again? They will help you I’m sure!

Reactions: Jaysen

Shane O'Hanlon

Star Member
    Feb 8, 2019
    Hi! This was essentially what happened with me! Firms really do try to be accomodating and you’ve already done the hard work to secure the VS (well done!!). Just stress how keen you are on them and ask if there is absolutely anything you can do and just ask if you can switch or even offer to be assessed for a direct TC again? They will help you I’m sure!

Thank you very much Alice ! Will give it a shot now. Hopefully I can get a similar result as you. Congrats again on Latham ! Well deserved !

• 🤝
    Reactions: Alice G

R97

Mar 8, 2018
    Hi guys, bit of a predicament. I have just been offered a vac scheme with Jones Day in July. They were litreally my top choice from the very start. Only thing is that I ended up accepting a vac scheme at an other firm in July as they took so long to get back to me and the other offer was going to expire. What do I do ?? Can I ask JD to transfer me to the spring scheme or upcoming winter scheme ? Can I change my vac scheme dates with the other firm ? Would JD be accomadating towards someone in my situation. I really don't want to miss out on such an amazing opportunity!!

Hi Shane,

I had the same issue with a clash involving Jones Day and another firm... I called them and sorted it out eventually. They will want you to reiterate your commitment to JD over the phone so make sure you do this. They will ask if you have contacted the other firm first too.

Reactions: Jaysen

Shane O'Hanlon

Star Member
    Feb 8, 2019
    Hi Shane,

I had the same issue with a clash involving Jones Day and another firm... I called them and sorted it out eventually. They will want you to reiterate your commitment to JD over the phone so make sure you do this. They will ask if you have contacted the other firm first too.

Would you recommend to call over email so ?

What did you say to the other firm ?

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Thank you very much Alice ! Will give it a shot now. Hopefully I can get a similar result as you. Congrats again on Latham ! Well deserved !
    It's a conversation I was nervous about and wasn't expecting to be having in the first place but they were really lovely and I am sure Jones Day will be too. They understand our position as candidates and the timeframes we are given :) Thank you very much indeed! Let me know how it goes with Jones Day and keeping my fingers crossed for you it gets resolved fairly quickly :)

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Would you recommend to call over email so ?

What did you say to the other firm ?
    Ah well I told them as soon as they called to let me know I had been successful so I let them know there and then but I would just call them as it looks better i think and you can demonstrate your enthusiasm for the firm better I think :) I would call them as soon as you can :) All the best!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.