Not open for further replies.

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Hi everyone,

We are thinking of creating a new online space for people to document their vacation scheme experiences on the platform. Similar to the interview insights to a degree, I felt it would be useful for people to diarise their experiences on the forum. Taking notes on what you do each day on a vacation scheme is useful for you as the participant for your final interviews when you will typically be asked what you've done, and I think it will be invaluable for those who have not yet undertaken a VS to see what life as a trainee really looks like. We don't need specifics (and nor should you provide them because of confidentiality etc) but just a decent outline of what you got up to each day in your seats including any socials/talks etc. I will devise a template we can all use and these can absolutely be submitted anonymously to myself or Jaysen if you prefer. There will also be a reward for those who provide the best and most detailed summaries. I just think it would be great to provide the community with even more insight into the inner workings of law firms :)

If you think this is a good idea and would be happy to contribute a write up for us it would be great if you could please follow this link https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/forum/threads/vacation-scheme-diaries.1330/. If you are interested in this as a new idea for the forum then please like my post in there and if you would be prepared to do a write-up for us (thank you so much in advance) it would be great if you would comment so we can get a sense of numbers.

Thank you so much everyone and hope you're all having a great week!

Last edited:

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi everyone,

We are thinking of creating a new online space for people to document their vacation scheme experiences on the platform. Similar to the interview insights to a degree, I felt it would be useful for people to diarise their experiences on the forum. Taking notes on what you do each day on a vacation scheme is useful for you as the participant for your final interviews when you will typically be asked what you've done, and I think it will be invaluable for those who have not yet undertaken a VS to see what life as a trainee really looks like. We don't need specifics (and nor should you provide them because of confidentiality etc) but just a decent outline of what you got up to each day in your seats including any socials/talks etc. I will devise a template we can all use and these can absolutely be submitted anonymously to myself or Jaysen if you prefer. There will also be a reward for those who provide the best and most detailed summaries. I just think it would be great to provide the community with even more insight into the inner workings of law firms :)

If you think this is a good idea and would be happy to contribute a write up for us it would be great if you could please follow this link https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/forum/threads/vacation-scheme-diaries.1330/. If you are interested in this as a new idea for the forum then please like my post in there and if you would be prepared to do a write-up for us (thank you so much in advance) it would be great if you would comment so we can get a sense of numbers.

Thank you so much everyone and hope you're all having a great week!

Just to echo this great idea that @Alice G came up with, with your help, it would be great if we could create a detailed list of your vac scheme experiences across a variety of firms. This can then help yourself and future applicants decide which firms to apply to and what to expect for upcoming schemes - I know at times it can be hard to tell what's real and what's marketing.

We'll keep everything anonymous so you can openly share your thoughts without any worries.

Helena

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 28, 2018
    Delighted to say I have just been invited to do a summer vacation scheme with Weil, Gotshal & Manges! Absolutely thrilled and so thankful for all the support I’ve received on this forum! Would never have been possible without you all :D
    Oh wow wow wow - I am so pleased for you Daniel. It went all quiet and I didn't like to ask. Thrilled beyond belief for you.

• 🤝
    Reactions: Daniel Boden, AJ and Alice G

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    Delighted to say I have just been invited to do a summer vacation scheme with Weil, Gotshal & Manges! Absolutely thrilled and so thankful for all the support I’ve received on this forum! Would never have been possible without you all :D

I knew you would do it! I am over the moon for you Daniel, I really am. Huge congratulations!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Daniel Boden

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018

YESSSS! So happy for you!! Well done!!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Salma and Daniel Boden

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    YESSSS! So happy for you!! Well done!!
    Well done! You really do deserve it.

Oh wow wow wow - I am so pleased for you Daniel. It went all quiet and I didn't like to ask. Thrilled beyond belief for you.

I knew you would do it! I am over the moon for you Daniel, I really am. Huge congratulations!

Thank you all so much for your kind words! Yeah @Helena pretty much a month to the day they finally got back to me haha so had pretty much given up hope but so so thrilled :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.