Hearing Back from Firms + AC & Interview Tips Share - 2018 - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farah Ahmad

Standard Member
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 8, 2018
Hi, I'm starting to panic a bit because I have still not received an AC from HSF but they've not rejected me either? Is anyone else in the same boat, because the Vac scheme is due to start in 2 weeks and I've heard nothing!

Reactions: AJ

Salma

Legendary Member
Feb 28, 2018
Hi, I'm starting to panic a bit because I have still not received an AC from HSF but they've not rejected me either? Is anyone else in the same boat, because the Vac scheme is due to start in 2 weeks and I've heard nothing!

Worst case scenairo, they might email you and request for you to be transferred to spring scheme

Farah Ahmad

Standard Member
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 8, 2018
Worst case scenairo, they might email you and request for you to be transferred to spring scheme

It's just really annoying because the last I heard from them was the 23rd October and they said 'we will review your application and get back to you in a few weeks' but I've heard nothing and my online portal says nothing as well!

Reactions: AJ

Hazal

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Sep 25, 2018
It's just really annoying because the last I heard from them was the 23rd October and they said 'we will review your application and get back to you in a few weeks' but I've heard nothing and my online portal says nothing as well!
So HSF is known to interview and assess all the way up to the week before the winter vac scheme. It's quite mean but there's still hope

Reactions: Salma

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    I don't see no news as bad news. Perhaps, they have reviewed your application and haven't made up their minds yet or they haven't got round to reviewing your application yet.

CF

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 25, 2018
    Rejection from sidley Austin :(

Keep persevering @yanerlim! I know receiving rejections can be a very tiresome (especially with the amount of time that goes into each individual application form), however, do not lose hope. You will receive the good news you are hoping for eventually! Remember to remain positive - it will be worth it in the end!

Also, has anyone heard back from BCLP, in terms of AC or offers?

• 🤝
    Reactions: yanerlim and Salma

Sandrou

Esteemed Member
    Feb 28, 2018
    It does seem like HSF have plenty of spaces on their Winter scheme. I'm unsure as to how many people attend the AC but the numbers must be high. So I suppose you should remain optimistic, if possible. Anyone know how many spaces are available for their winter scheme?

On another note, has any actually received a vacation scheme offer from Jones Day or Linklaters post Interview/AC?

I see a lot of interview/AC invites but no offers?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.