Hearing Back from Firms + AC & Interview Tips Share - 2018 - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salma

Legendary Member
Feb 28, 2018
I received a WGT invite from Freshfields and an AC invite from Linklaters today. Both are for a training contract. I applied to Freshfields sometime between Christmas and New Year. I took the WGT for Linklaters on 11th January. Any advice for Linklaters AC would be greatly appreciated. :)

Amazing news!!! Congrats :)

Katie R

Jan 20, 2019
Hey guys! I just got invited to do a video interview for Gowling WLG's summer vacation scheme after passing their game-based behavioural test (which was very different).

The email says 'it is a short interview to give you a realistic preview of the type of work we do at Gowling WLG and also what our culture is like. This means that we will present you with a scenario and will ask you how you would deal with it, what action you would take and how you would achieve a positive outcome'.

Has anyone done a video interview with them before? I'm guessing this a situational judgement test in the form of a video interview (and probably mixed with competency based questions). Any tips would be appreciated! I've also posted a new thread in the 'interview discussion' session but thought I'd share it here as well. Thank you!!
Did you receive a text from Gowling as well? I received a text telling me to "check your emails to continue your application" but haven't been sent an email? I'm a bit confused!!

Naomi

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Oct 14, 2018
I received a WGT invite from Freshfields and an AC invite from Linklaters today. Both are for a training contract. I applied to Freshfields sometime between Christmas and New Year. I took the WGT for Linklaters on 11th January. Any advice for Linklaters AC would be greatly appreciated. :)

Congratulations!

Naomi

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Oct 14, 2018
Did you receive an acknowledgment email from them? or nothing at all

As the grad recruitment sent me an email saying they will let me know by mid-February

Ahh. When I sent mine the email said

“Thank you for your application.

We acknowledge receipt of your application and will be in touch in due course.”

Just have to wait and see if they get to me around mid feb as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.