Hearing Back from Firms + AC & Interview Tips Share - 2018 - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elizabeth@1999

Feb 6, 2019
Hi, a couple of questions as am very new to this!

I just got invited to an AC for a firm next week. Went online to print off my application to review it, and saw that I ticket male instead of female in the gender box... should I email and tell them or just turn up and not mention it?

Also, I had to go back to the initial website to choose a date. I did, and it shows up in my schedule on the online thingy, but I haven't had an email about it even though I got this: Once you have completed the booking process you will receive instant confirmation of your Assessment Centre details. Is that worrying? Or do you think they meant that it would immediately show on the website?

Thank you!

gigi23

Distinguished Member
Jan 18, 2019
Hi, a couple of questions as am very new to this!

I just got invited to an AC for a firm next week. Went online to print off my application to review it, and saw that I ticket male instead of female in the gender box... should I email and tell them or just turn up and not mention it?

Also, I had to go back to the initial website to choose a date. I did, and it shows up in my schedule on the online thingy, but I haven't had an email about it even though I got this: Once you have completed the booking process you will receive instant confirmation of your Assessment Centre details. Is that worrying? Or do you think they meant that it would immediately show on the website?

Thank you!
Hey there, congrats on landing an AC, hope it goes well! :)

For the gender question, if you mean the boxes from the diversity thingy at the end of most applications forms, those are supposed to be anonymous if I'm not mistaken. You see them when you print out your application because it's part of what you've filled in, but the firm is not supposed to link those answers to your application anyways (as all the gender/ethnicity/religion/disability questions should, rightfully, not have any impact on their decision making). In short, I really don't think it matters, as those answers are meant for stats only. Besides if your name is Elizabeth I daresay they'll assume you're a girl anyways. :p

As for the AC scheduling since they only mentionned "instant confirmation", I don't see why that should necessarily mean you get an email about it. As long as you can see the date you've picked appear on the schedule I would not worry about it too much personally, but if it stresses you out maybe email them to confirm they do have you properly scheduled. :)

Reactions: Jaysen

Elizabeth@1999

Feb 6, 2019
Hey there, congrats on landing an AC, hope it goes well! :)

For the gender question, if you mean the boxes from the diversity thingy at the end of most applications forms, those are supposed to be anonymous if I'm not mistaken. You see them when you print out your application because it's part of what you've filled in, but the firm is not supposed to link those answers to your application anyways (as all the gender/ethnicity/religion/disability questions should, rightfully, not have any impact on their decision making). In short, I really don't think it matters, as those answers are meant for stats only. Besides if your name is Elizabeth I daresay they'll assume you're a girl anyways. :p

As for the AC scheduling since they only mentionned "instant confirmation", I don't see why that should necessarily mean you get an email about it. As long as you can see the date you've picked appear on the schedule I would not worry about it too much personally, but if it stresses you out maybe email them to confirm they do have you properly scheduled. :)

Thank you so much!

SB

Jan 10, 2019
I have received three emails from HSF today regarding my VS application. One is a PFO, second email states that I have reached the benchmark on the test, third and the latest one says they are still reviewing my application and will get back on March 8th. I don't get it, should I just let it go and not seek a clarification?

Helena

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Feb 28, 2018
I have received three emails from HSF today regarding my VS application. One is a PFO, second email states that I have reached the benchmark on the test, third and the latest one says they are still reviewing my application and will get back on March 8th. I don't get it, should I just let it go and not seek a clarification?
I think you should ask! Three contradictory emails is a bit off. Is the latest one in terms of chronological order the one stating they will get back on 8 March?

Reactions: Eva and Daniel Boden
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.