Hearing Back from Firms + AC & Interview Tips Share - 2018 - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

SB

Jan 10, 2019
I think you should ask! Three contradictory emails is a bit off. Is the latest one in terms of chronological order the one stating they will get back on 8 March?
The third one is from their email ID which states that they will get back. The first two emails seem to be automatic emails sent through their portals.

datguyak

Esteemed Member
Nov 20, 2018
hey guys so I got rejected from Reed Smith after the Psychometric test- which I understand you have to pass the application screening to receive. But my rejection email said

"However, we have reviewed your application with interest and we would look forward to receiving an application to our Training Contract."

My question is should I just submit the same application then seeing as it passed the initial screening- and I think I must have failed the psychometric test? Or do you think this is just a generic rejection email and there's not much point applying for the TC?

Does anyone know if you can apply to both within the same cycle?
thanks!

Last edited:

AJ

Legendary Member
Sep 11, 2018
Worth clarifying with them. Sounds like a confusing email. Do you get any results for the test?

But, I recall you have to wait till the next recruitment cycle at RS.

Always worth revisiting and revising your application if you reapply. This could just be writing style, deals and client you site or including additional experience you’ve since gained.

datguyak

Esteemed Member
Nov 20, 2018
Worth clarifying with them. Sounds like a confusing email. Do you get any results for the test?

But, I recall you have to wait till the next recruitment cycle at RS.

Always worth revisiting and revising your application if you reapply. This could just be writing style, deals and client you site or including additional experience you’ve since gained.

Nope no results, nothing. Thanks I think you're right will contact them to ask.

Hannah El-Gazzar

Feb 18, 2019
hey guys so I got rejected from Reed Smith after the Psychometric test- which I understand you have to pass the application screening to receive. But my rejection email said

"However, we have reviewed your application with interest and we would look forward to receiving an application to our Training Contract."

My question is should I just submit the same application then seeing as it passed the initial screening- and I think I must have failed the psychometric test? Or do you think this is just a generic rejection email and there's not much point applying for the TC?

thanks!

Hey! Yes you can apply for both in the same cycle, I went to an open day and they said that you can, which you should deffo do based on this email! Good luck xx

Joe R

Standard Member
Dec 3, 2018

thanks!

Hey, I got the same email and I'm wondering the same thing- not sure it necessarily means you failed the psychometric test. Lmk what they say if you contact them for more info

Lauren95

Feb 25, 2019
After 7 rejections this application round I have finally been invited to my first AC at Dechert next week. These forums have been so helpful in developing my application technique. AC are a new challenge, does anyone have any tips for a first timer? It will be a written exercise and a partner interview.

How did it go Jessica? Any tips on what it involved? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.