Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paige M

Future Trainee
Feb 13, 2019
Hey all!

Just wanted to see if anyone has heard back from CMS post VI? I've just checked the portal and my application status has now changed to 'reviewed'. Just wondering how long I will have to wait before hearing back. (Hoping for a Christmas miracle tbh).

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
CC assessment centre for TC! Ahhhhh not ready to go through the process again! Does anyone have any advice?

For you my best advice is to relax and enjoy it as you already have the security of an offer! Let that work to your advantage and relax into the interviews and you’ll smash it with flying colours!!

J Wu

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Sep 11, 2018
CC assessment centre for TC! Ahhhhh not ready to go through the process again! Does anyone have any advice?
At an open day, they stated there is an emphasis on assessing candidates' motivations for CC/commercial law as these are not asked on the application form. Additionally, both interviews are CV-blind, so you have the freedom to pitch yourself in whatever way you please.

Best of luck!

Camilla

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • May 16, 2019
    Hey, I’m pretty sure I remember I didn’t have a GCSE section. Just a quick where my school was but that was it!

I was not able to find the page so I submitted it and then emailed grad rec straight away. The emailed me back today asking for my GCSE details which I just provided.

I don't know if they were meant to be included or not.

JoNo

Legendary Member
    Jan 28, 2019
    I was not able to find the page so I submitted it and then emailed grad rec straight away. The emailed me back today asking for my GCSE details which I just provided.

I know that they only asked where you studied your 14-16 exams (GCSE), but there was no place to put your actual subjects and grades down. That was only for the 16-18 section which was on A-levels!

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Camilla

A4991

Star Member
    Nov 20, 2019

I don't think it was necessary, when I got my offer I was only asked for my A level certificates.

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018
    For anyone that applied to HSF,

How did you find the test that you had to do? I'm struggling to compare it to anything else I've ever done before!
    Really don’t worry about it at all. Just do some Watson Glaser style prep on true/false/cannot say questions (no need to do the other styles from WG as HSF only have the true/false/cannot day ones) and do some SJT prep. So for the latter keep in mind principles like teamwork, taking ownership of a task, effective communication, prioritisation skills etc. You’ll be fine! Best of luck :)

D95

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 17, 2019
    For anyone that applied to HSF,

How did you find the test that you had to do? I'm struggling to compare it to anything else I've ever done before!

I did a test a week ago and I actually quite liked it! I have already received an email that I passed their benchmark and that they will now screen my application... Oh well, fingers crossed!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.