Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan

Star Member
Nov 17, 2019
Hey guys, I sent in my Simmons VI about 2 weeks ago (including all the bank holidays) and haven’t heard back. I was wondering if anyone who submitted it around the same time has heard back from them?

Ricky

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Sep 16, 2018
Rejected from Hogan Lovells post-WG :(

"We have carefully reviewed your application and test score. We regret to inform you that we are unable to continue with your application on this occasion. Due to the volume of applications, we are unable to provide any more specific feedback at this stage in the process."

Sounds like they pre-screen then view score and application holistically.

J32

Valued Member
Future Trainee
Apr 4, 2019

"We have carefully reviewed your application and test score. We regret to inform you that we are unable to continue with your application on this occasion. Due to the volume of applications, we are unable to provide any more specific feedback at this stage in the process."

Sorry to hear Ricky, I'm sure that TC is around the corner :)

• 🤝
Reactions: Ricky and Daniel Boden

ComplianceChange

Legendary Member
May 16, 2019

Aww Ricky Sorry, I am sure you'll smash through and get yourself a TC soon!

• 🤝
Reactions: Ricky and Jaysen

a_m_1

Standard Member
Jan 8, 2020
I got the same email! I'm gutted as I got a similar email last year saying they didn't have space to interview me so apply early next cycle - so that's what I did this time round (applied early October).

I also know someone who applied 10 days after me but got invited to the WG etc earlier and then got an AC invite in November. So not sure whether it is down to the rolling basis or not.

Hey, just got the same! I was wondering if you changed your application/VI at all when applying again this year? Also, how was your feedback (if you received any)?

Hope all your other applications are going a bit better though! :(

Lily

Standard Member
Oct 29, 2019
I have an upcoming AC for Clifford Chance and I wondered if anyone had any advice? Particularly for the case study - I have been reading speculation online that the case study is going to be different from previous years. Would anyone be able to provide any insight on this? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Reactions: EJ and aacesa
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.