Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

J32

Valued Member
Future Trainee
Apr 4, 2019
Still waiting on white & Case, Weil & Sidley Austin. All applied around a similar time with Weil & Sidley both between dec 3-8 and White & Case 16th. Should I assume a rejection cause it’s pretty long now haha

I'm waiting on Weil and White & Case too. I know they get back to people at different times - all I can say is no news is good news.

Reactions: Daniel Boden

T1

Standard Member
Jan 13, 2020
Just did a VI where I completely froze for about 5 seconds and then panicked and said six-seat instead of seat structure!

Has anyone ever had any success where the VI has been a complete car crash? I really liked the firm too and but I just feel like I messed up so bad.

tractor12

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 6, 2019
Just did a VI where I completely froze for about 5 seconds and then panicked and said six-seat instead of seat structure!

Has anyone ever had any success where the VI has been a complete car crash? I really liked the firm too and but I just feel like I messed up so bad.
Hopefully one or two mistakes won't make a difference. I once did two VIs back to back. The first I had prepared a lot before and my answers sounded rehearsed, the second I did less preparation and sounded a lot more natural (despite hesitating more, answers less structured). I got the second and rejected from the first. So hopefully if you still said some good things, showed a bit of your personality, you should still have a chance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.