Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holly

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Nov 23, 2019
I'm filling in the PwC application form... I got to the end and didn't come across any application questions? Have I missed something or is the app just about a-level and uni grades and my background? I didn't even see a request for gcse results.

I understand the process after is veryy long with tests, and games and video interviews and multiple interviews... but I just wanted to make sure I got the application correct!

Thanks

FutureCity

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Dec 23, 2018
I'm filling in the PwC application form... I got to the end and didn't come across any application questions? Have I missed something or is the app just about a-level and uni grades and my background? I didn't even see a request for gcse results.

I understand the process after is veryy long with tests, and games and video interviews and multiple interviews... but I just wanted to make sure I got the application correct!

Thanks

You’re right. No questions.

• ℹ️
Reactions: Holly

w2719a

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
I attended an assessment centre at Clifford Chance last Monday and I still haven't heard back when they said I would by Friday latest. I'm extremely nervous. I got onto Spark before so have managed to get pass the commercial awareness interview but I came out of it this time feeling very inadequate. Any advice? This is for my TC and I will be devastated if I get rejected. Many of my friends have heard back with offers and rejections so I don't believe there is any particular pattern.

DavidJC

Distinguished Member
Dec 29, 2019
I attended an assessment centre at Clifford Chance last Monday and I still haven't heard back when they said I would by Friday latest. I'm extremely nervous. I got onto Spark before so have managed to get pass the commercial awareness interview but I came out of it this time feeling very inadequate. Any advice? This is for my TC and I will be devastated if I get rejected. Many of my friends have heard back with offers and rejections so I don't believe there is any particular pattern.
Relax and take a deep breath, try and distract yourself doing something you enjoy, you should hear back tomorrow. Contact them on Tuesday if you haven't been informed by then. If it is a rejection, remember to take care of yourself and take a few deep breaths and do what you like. Go out for a walk, hang out with friends or whatever helps you relax, then tackle the process again when you're ready.

Wishing you the best and hope you get good news!

Larry HC

Jan 9, 2020
I'd say most firms use Apply4Law - but I don't think its the system's fault, just a glitch from Mayer Brown's side I think. Got a message from another member yesterday who experienced the same thing as me so I don't know if its an isolated incident

I received an email notification to do the tests for Mayer Brown 3 days after submitting my application, but it is for a direct TC so not sure if that is different to you.

Paralegal178

Esteemed Member
Future Trainee
May 27, 2019

I also haven’t heard after attending on Tuesday! Did those who were rejected get a call or an email?

• 📥
Reactions: M1999
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.