Not open for further replies.

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    Hellooo,
    To people who have experience interviewing with Kirkland or Weil:
    What sort of private equity questions should I expect to be asked at an interview?
    Nothing too technical at all, but could be questions such as:
    - Why are you interested in Private Equity?
    - Can you explain to me what private equity is?
    - Can you explain to me what leverage is and why PE firms use it?

All fairly basic and straightforward to be honest but the key is to communicate why it interests you! Hope that helps :)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I have another AC the day after so I’m fairly sure my work won’t allow it at such short notice :(

you can ask for another date, but considering it is on Wednesday, you are going to have to call them first thing on Monday and ask if they have any flexibility. Be prepared for them to say unfortunately there isn’t.

Reactions: Biena

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi everyone

Am I right in saying that BCLP originally adopted a swiss verein structure but now have a financed integrated merger?

Thanks!
    Might be wrong on this but I don’t believe they’ve used a Swiss verein structure before. The BLP and Bryan Cave merger was a financially integrated merger from the get-go.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Alan and Holly

Eamon

Star Member
    Jul 2, 2019
    Damn that sounds awful.. thank you for sharing. Do any other firms use the same system as Mayer Brown?

I'd say most firms use Apply4Law - but I don't think its the system's fault, just a glitch from Mayer Brown's side I think. Got a message from another member yesterday who experienced the same thing as me so I don't know if its an isolated incident

• ℹ️
    Reactions: Holly and Daniel Boden

Salma

Legendary Member
    Feb 28, 2018

hktr

Star Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 10, 2019
    Anyone know what firm structure macfarlanes has? It sounds similar to the best friends' network but I am unsure what the official name is? Thanks!

I've heard partners at Macfarlanes refer to it as a "very good friends" network, i.e. like a best friends network but with even greater flexibility in choosing the right team for every piece of work

Reactions: Serah O and CL20
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.