Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMtc22

Junior Lawyer
Dec 23, 2019
CMS vac scheme offer :D:D this was my first ever round of applications and it has been such a daunting process especially since I’m an international student. Couldn’t have done it without some really kind people on this forum who share their insights so selflessly! Happy to help anyone with the CMS VI or AC , just drop me a message

Sammie

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Hi so just to shed some light I didn’t have any email prior to my actual invite so I had no clue I was under review. Perhaps their system is so overrun with applicants it could be a technical thing perhaps? I’d try not to worry or seek a pattern as I’ve often find this just causes more stress (from genuine past experience) and I am pretty certain the reports were similar in giving everyone say two strengths and one weakness each. I would also say each area is no doubt equally important so I really think with Capp they must attribute scores to each individual value on the test. Try not to worry :)

Thanks Alice, you're right that's really comforting, honestly :) May I ask how much time you're given for Links between ac invite and the ac itself?

Sammie

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
I haven't gotten an under review email either. Just sent them and a few other firms emails requesting an update.

I got Working with Others and Resilience, weakness in Excellence though. :D
I also read on an old LegalCheek article that they used the CAPP assessment to replace the traditional application form in an effort to get a sense of the applicant's strengths and weaknesses without them having to write about it. I only know the assessment to be commonly used by other professional services firms (e.g. Big 4) so hopefully it works as intended.

For those who've applied to Debevoise and not heard back, they just let me know that they're still reviewing and will contact us within the next couple of weeks (hopefully that actually means two weeks).

That application was one of the longest I had ever seen.

To be fair, I really did enjoy Capp, it was quite fun. Definitely a more interactive way of determining our strengths/weaknesses! :)

No word yet from Debevoise either since submission... Their next step is the open day in early Feb, right? That means we should hear back soon (fingers crossed)

Oh gosh, Macfarlanes is the longest application I have seen so far 4 x 500 words Q's + cover letter

Alice G

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Nov 26, 2018
Thanks Alice, you're right that's really comforting, honestly :) May I ask how much time you're given for Links between ac invite and the ac itself?
A week :) I am working full time and definitely worrying about such a short time frame but just preparing as best as possible and taking solace that i just had the case study interview at A&O so maybe it isn't so bad having them close together! :D

JayB

Legendary Member
May 16, 2019
A week :) I am working full time and definitely worrying about such a short time frame but just preparing as best as possible and taking solace that i just had the case study interview at A&O so maybe it isn't so bad having them close together! :D

When did you hear back from Links and when did you apply? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.