Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayB

Legendary Member
May 16, 2019
I find it quite funny that Ashurst used to be so proud of not using any psychometric tests (I attended their Evening Presentation a year ago and I remember two partners boasting about this fact) only for them to introduce what seems to be applicants' worst nightmare :D

Well, well, well... How the turntables... *inserts gif of Michael Scott*

I totally agree with you, they were one of the few firms who never asked for an online test, last year it was a telephone interview. That test was very bizarre and I have never encountered something like that before!! Looking forward to seeing Ashurst updates on this thread in the next coming months haha!!

Reactions: Serah O and ShelleyEds

Holly

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Nov 23, 2019
I find it quite funny that Ashurst used to be so proud of not using any psychometric tests (I attended their Evening Presentation a year ago and I remember two partners boasting about this fact) only for them to introduce what seems to be applicants' worst nightmare :D

Well, well, well... How the turntables... *inserts gif of Michael Scott*

This is hilarious lmao :D

h2020

Esteemed Member
Dec 26, 2019
Dechert is frequently retained to work on the most challenging matters, and prides itself on its ability to deliver premium legal services and sound business judgment to its clients. In your opinion, other than the above, what are the three key reasons why our clients instruct us? 250 words

I have come up with two reasons why but I am struggling on the final reason. For the last reason, I want to discuss their strengths in practice areas. Would that be something worth discussing? I have spent so long researching this firm.

Lumree

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Highest Rated Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    Dechert is frequently retained to work on the most challenging matters, and prides itself on its ability to deliver premium legal services and sound business judgment to its clients. In your opinion, other than the above, what are the three key reasons why our clients instruct us? 250 words

I have come up with two reasons why but I am struggling on the final reason. For the last reason, I want to discuss their strengths in practice areas. Would that be something worth discussing? I have spent so long researching this firm.

I’d say so! Clients instruct them for its expertise in certain areas.

h2020

Esteemed Member
    Dec 26, 2019
    I’d say so! Clients instruct them for its expertise in certain areas.

hey, it’s not stupid at all! I usually access it by going to the Freshfields graduate careers page, click “apply” and that will take you to the portal. Then you click “my jobpage” to see your application(s) :)

Thank you all for your help! Good luck on all your applications. I hope its all good news.

• 🤝
    Reactions: Lawyerwithadream and Emina
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.