Status
Not open for further replies.

Lumree

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Highest Rated Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 17, 2019
    I applied deadline day. The 19th. I think they are still reviewing applications. I believe no news is good news at this point

Thank you! I’d depends if they review in date order but that’s just complete speculation and not worth worrying about (so I tell myself while worrying)

Abgaal

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    May 24, 2019
    In my experience, it’s the applications that you least expect to succeed that sometimes do.

I’ve had applications that I drafted in a rush on the deadline get through to the next round, whereas others where I’ve done a first year scheme with the firm and spent hours finessing the content get immediately rejected.

Success can often come from the unlikeliest places.
    THIS IS SOOO TRUEEEE!!!!!!!!!

Holly

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Nov 23, 2019
    Out of curiosity, did anybody receive a straight rejection from Bird & Bird post-VI, or did everyone else receive that email where they said they were impressed with the application form, test results and VI, but their ACs were full?

(This happened like a month ago but I've become increasingly curious)

Yep, got the email that AC's were full and they would contact next year (no need to send another app/WGT/VI)

AH9891

Valued Member
    Jan 11, 2020
    Thanks Alice for the motivational perspective! I guess, speaking from experience, even if there is extreme competition for places it is hard to understand where we as applicants went wrong sometimes and adjust our applications accordingly. As someone who hasn't even made it to an AC yet this cycle, I am finding it hard to have any sort of faith in my other pending applications.

I honestly completely understand where you’re coming from, so please just know you’re not alone, even though I know it doesn’t soften the blow. I did 72 applications over the last three years and have been rejected by everyone without even getting through to the WG test. Especially for this round, I know that my applications were really good because of the amount of people that were kind enough to prove read and university career services have been fantastic in providing comments on content. I have international qualifications, which if you convert them would definitely be sufficient (AAB and high first). Yet, only rejections across the board. This cycle I finally managed to get through to to ACs because the firms have a different recruitment process and have managed to get offers by both (AC and TC). It absolutely sucks to be discarded because of something such as which school you went to, which really shouldn’t be as much of a hinderance as it is (I have UK citizenship also). Anyway, I hope things will pick up for you and everyone else in the process. It’s just frustrating, but at least we are sort of all in this together!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.