Hearing Back from Law Firms, Assessment Centres & Interview Tips - 2019 - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roland

Distinguished Member
Jan 10, 2019
I've just been invited to the next stage for Pwc. This is a massive shock as I thought that game went awful. Anyone have any tips? It says the duration is 50 minutes!!
Hi there, I also did their Career Conversation last year. So feel free to PM me! It was quite an intense and long video interview/exercise.

Camilla

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • May 16, 2019
    emailed first, heard nothing and then followed up with a phone call and was told I should have already received the rejection. I spent more time on this one than any other application and content wise the people that have proof read it for me have commented how impressive it is, so I pressed for reasons for rejection and she said content was good but grades were insufficient. What a joke. Definitely makes you wonder if they even look at all applications.

You should have asked what grades they were looking for!

DavidJC

Distinguished Member
    Dec 29, 2019
    Wait what? You called them to ask about the status of your application and they then sent you a rejection? :eek:
    I called them since they never responded to my emails and I said I hadn't heard back at all since I applied and I had heard they were doing ACs already then an hour later I got a rejection email. I didn't even get to speak with graduate recruitment, it was someone else who had answered the phone

Jean

Star Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Aug 15, 2018
    I applied to Linklaters in October and still nothing! Also not a word from Freshfields... Took Mayer Brown's tests in Jan and still waiting to hear back, despite having also applied in October for a direct TC. (Did hear of someone who was rejected from Freshfields last month though, so they have definitely started getting back to people already).

I just got the test invites for Mayer Brown, Hogan Lovells and Simmons & Simmons! Haven't heard back from the rest though. Getting kinda nervous seeing that people have been invited to ACs.

DavidJC

Distinguished Member
    Dec 29, 2019
    Probably wanted A*A*A* haha! I know trainees at Taylor Wessing some didn’t even get AAA so weird how they said that?
    Based on what Jessica's previously said about first-stage screening, TW's website, and the lack of even a test invite suggests that I failed on academics. I've had mitigating circumstances at uni in 1st and 2nd year but my uni only classifies degrees based on 3rd and 4th years so I'm still on track for a 2:1. I had really good A Levels equivalent (definitely better than the ABB they claim to require) too. I have a feeling they didn't even read my application form and I'm sure anyone else who's done the application knows they had one of the longest forms with about 9 questions which honestly feels insulting.

Reactions: Eva and JoNo

EvaK

Star Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 19, 2019
    Based on what Jessica's previously said about first-stage screening, TW's website, and the lack of even a test invite suggests that I failed on academics. I've had mitigating circumstances at uni in 1st and 2nd year but my uni only classifies degrees based on 3rd and 4th years so I'm still on track for a 2:1. I had really good A Levels equivalent (definitely better than the ABB they claim to require) too. I have a feeling they didn't even read my application form and I'm sure anyone else who's done the application knows they had one of the longest forms with about 9 questions which honestly feels insulting.
    I was invited to and completed the game based assessment 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything since, so their lack of information/correspondence doesn't seem to be limited to the initial screening stage

Harvey

Distinguished Member
    Nov 11, 2018
    I know it's such a given but guys do get a gooood night sleep before your interviews! So dumb but my uni student mindset kicked in and made me think I could do a whole day of assessment on max 3-4 hours of sleep - no wonder why I felt like I wasn't switched on and forgot everything I wanted to talk about only to remember once it was too late. Just a lil PSA!!
    Same thing happened to me - partner interview at the end of the day - couldn't even remember the name of the place I used to work! Nightmare!

AH9891

Valued Member
    Jan 11, 2020

preaching to the choir. I’ve always been ok about rejections, but this one had me absolutely fuming. Oh well, good to know and won’t be applying to them again!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.