Herbert Smith Freehills App

isst500

Standard Member
  • Feb 4, 2021
    Received a HSF Summer Vac AC invite today morning! Applied on the deadline. Any advice or past experience would be super helpful, thank you!
    Hey! I actually did my HSF Summer Vac AC recently (first-ever AC!) and was accepted later the same day :) Top tips would be to prepare your why law, why hsf, an example of teamwork, an example of failure - these are key ones but the rest flows more or less like a conversation around what you answer. As far as the scenario-based interviews, it's true that these are super hard to prepare for! Gain an understanding of M&A, JVs, how banks assess borrowers, types of investors and just your commercial awareness in general. I am a non-law student though so if you're a law student you may get more technical questions - hope that helps!

Last edited:

MB17

Jun 12, 2020
    Hey! I'm so sorry about that. Can I ask when you applied? I haven't received anything from them so I'm curious haha maybe they just forgot about me
    I've got a similar feeling like I got ghosted or something hahaha! I mean, no news is good news, but no news for too long? That worried me a bit. Hope we hear back soon!

Maculay

Jan 31, 2020
    Hey! I actually did my HSF Summer Vac AC recently (first-ever AC!) and was accepted later the same day :) Top tips would be to prepare your why law, why hsf, an example of teamwork, an example of failure - these are key ones but the rest flows more or less like a conversation around what you answer. As far as the scenario-based interviews, it's true that these are super hard to prepare for! Gain an understanding of M&A, JVs, how banks assess borrowers, types of investors and just your commercial awareness in general. I am a non-law student though so if you're a law student you may get more technical questions - hope that helps!
    Congrats! When did you do your AC? Does HSF reach out to candidates by phone or email?

topsawyer

Nov 12, 2020
    Congrats on the Vac Scheme, super well done, you should be really proud of nailing your first AC!! And thank you so much for your tips, really helpful! Fingers crossed all goes well and we get to meet on the vac!

• Love
    Reactions: isst500

Christabels

Dec 4, 2022
    Hi everyone,

I completed the online blended assessment last Friday and have just received an email stating I have not completed it and have 48 hours to do so (with a new link to do this). I definitely completed all three sections and even filled out a little feedback questionnaire afterwards. I will admit I do not have a confirmation email that I completed it.

For anyone who has completed the test, did you receive a confirmation email of this? Would you recommend taking it again or contacting grad recruitment?

Thanks!
    I'm currently having this problem. Did you get through to someone in recruitment? I don't want to do it twice and get in trouble for that either.

Christabels

Dec 4, 2022
    Hi everyone,

I completed the online blended assessment last Friday and have just received an email stating I have not completed it and have 48 hours to do so (with a new link to do this). I definitely completed all three sections and even filled out a little feedback questionnaire afterwards. I will admit I do not have a confirmation email that I completed it.

For anyone who has completed the test, did you receive a confirmation email of this? Would you recommend taking it again or contacting grad recruitment?

Thanks!
    This is currently happening me. What happened?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.