Herbert Smith Freehills App

Discussion in 'Applications Discussion' started by Lauren, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Lauren

Lauren Active Member

TCLA Credits:
    Hi, Herbert Smith Freehills doesn't seem to have any word limits on its work experience section. I was wondering how many words roughly I should write? For example, I know that Clifford Chance wants as much detail as you can give whereas Hogan Lovells wants really succinct answers, any advice would be greatly appreciated

2. Sherard

Sherard Star Member

TCLA Credits:
    Hi Lauren! I kept mine to not more than 250 words! An average of about 150 - 240 words per work experience.

Could I ask - what do you mean by "succinct" for Hogan Lovells? Is there a specific way I should approach the Hogan Lovells work experience section? Thank you! :)

3. Lauren

Lauren Active Member

TCLA Credits:
    Thank you! Last year when I applied, I kept the Work History section to 150 words max and the Open Days and Voluntary Work section to about 50 words max. I managed to get to an assessment centre last year so if you would like any further advice about Hogan Lovells please feel free to get in touch! :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. Helena

Helena Legendary Member
    Premium Member

TCLA Credits:
    Just a head's up Lauren, HSF have brought in a new policy this year regarding applications. I'm not sure if you applied to them last year, perhaps you were referring to HL. However with HSF you now have to wait two years before reapplying if you completed an AC! Brutal, but this is the case which I struggled to find information on website. Check with Grad Rec just in case but I had an email back from Rebecca Worrall confirming this, explaining that this is a new policy introduced this cycle.

#4 Helena, Nov 30, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  5. Lauren

Lauren Active Member

TCLA Credits:
    Hi Helena, I was referring to HL not HSF, thank you for letting me know though! : )

6. CL20

CL20 New Member

TCLA Credits:
    I've kept my HSF work experience entries to 60-150 words. :)

7. Soliha

Soliha Star Member

TCLA Credits:
    How long after the test did you hear back?

8. CL20

CL20 New Member

TCLA Credits:
    I heard back about the test after six days.

• Friendly Friendly x 1