Hill Dickinson 2019/2020 application

Cer96

Star Member
Future Trainee
Aug 13, 2020
That's something! I finally got my rejection post Insight Scheme. So disappointed

Aah so sorry that it wasn’t better news for you - but feel like you can definitely take pride in having completed the Insight scheme, means you’re already a brilliant candidate for HD next year, or lots of other firms given you have the experience under your belt! :)

Chidiogo Obidike

Standard Member
Jan 27, 2021
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if someone could offer some guidance on how to answer this question.

Focusing on our values (Trust, Respect, Innovation and Collaboration) tell us what you can bring to Hill Dickinson that will set you apart from the rest. (250 words)

I was thinking of focusing on a couple of values, maybe 2 or 3. Don't know if I can fit all of them in the word count. I'll then write a situation or achievement where I have displayed them , what I learnt and the outcome and how this will help me at Hill Dickinson? Am I on the right track?
Hi Sara,

Were you able to get this done?
I am currently filing the same application and i am stuck on the question :

Focusing on our values (Trust, Respect, Innovation and Collaboration) tell us what you can bring to Hill Dickinson that will set you apart from the rest. (250 words)

Any ideas on how best to answer the question?

Andrew M

Legendary Member
Forum Winner
Jan 7, 2020
Hi Sara,

Were you able to get this done?
I am currently filing the same application and i am stuck on the question :

Any ideas on how best to answer the question?
Last year (I reached the interview stage) I used one example which embodied the four values and also highlighted what I believe are my strengths. But I know others who used two or three examples which evidenced them, so I don't think there is necessarily a *right* approach. It will depend on what experiences you have to show as evidence.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.