Hogan Lovells Application 2020/21

Mxkry

Legendary Member
Oct 13, 2020
If you study at Bristol uni, I am pretty sure they have dedicate resources in their careers service. I did some work for their careers service a few years ago and used to provide access to similar resources.

Indeed, the online careers service has a lot of practice examples of critical thinking type questions. Not sure if they are exactly the same as the WGT, but should are very similar.

Reactions: Bethany

golden99

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 1, 2021
Hi @Jessica Booker,

I applied to Hogan Lovells in November and completed my watson glaser about six weeks ago but have heard nothing since. Should I be worried that my application has been discarded or possibly overlooked? I'm considering dropping grad recruitment an email, do you think this would be a good idea?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi @Jessica Booker,

I applied to Hogan Lovells in November and completed my watson glaser about six weeks ago but have heard nothing since. Should I be worried that my application has been discarded or possibly overlooked? I'm considering dropping grad recruitment an email, do you think this would be a good idea?

Personally I would wait a little longer. There is a chance it has been missed but much bigger chance they are just still to review it/make a decision on it.

Reactions: golden99

MZ

Esteemed Member
Forum Winner
Oct 7, 2020
Hi @Jessica Booker,

I wouldn't worry about it for now, from what I've seen on the forum, not many people have heard back at all (I think I've only seen one person say they got an AC) and I saw a few people say that grad rec was busy reviewing their HL BaSE applications until recently so I think they might just be super busy at the moment. I applied in September and haven't heard back yet either so I'd give it a bit more time, they'll probably start getting back to people soon.

Reactions: golden99

bethbristol

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Oct 30, 2019
Hey, I submitted my application about 2-3 weeks ago and still haven't heard back too.

Was wondering if anyone knows how long they normally take to reply for an AC or rejection?
I was invited to assessment centre last cycle exactly a month after I submitted my WG. Although - they have just finished the Winter Vacation Scheme and many people would have had holiday that they needed to use up so they will probably be starting to look through summer now

Reactions: Kareena

E.A

Legendary Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
Dec 11, 2019
I wouldn't worry about it for now, from what I've seen on the forum, not many people have heard back at all (I think I've only seen one person say they got an AC) and I saw a few people say that grad rec was busy reviewing their HL BaSE applications until recently so I think they might just be super busy at the moment. I applied in September and haven't heard back yet either so I'd give it a bit more time, they'll probably start getting back to people soon.
I spoke to grad rec and they said they will start reviewing TC applications in the next few weeks! :)

Reactions: Amy_22

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.