How to Prepare for Simmons & Simmons Online Exam?

Inquisitive

Star Member
Sep 1, 2022
This one looks quite difficult. I believe it includes a video interview, a SJT and an "applied intellect" section. Anyone have experience completing it? How should I prepare, and how should I approach different stages of the exam? Many thanks!

Inquisitive

Star Member
Sep 1, 2022
hey! did you manage to attempt the assessment? if so, can you share your insights as to how it went? :) thank you!
It's quite tricky, I definitely did not adequately prepare.

Video interview:

5 questions. Not sure if you'll get the same, but it's a commercial awareness question; why Simmons; and what you like and dislike about commercial law

SJT: Pretty standard. I say look at their website and what values and qualities they look for. I failed to do this, and it definitely cost me

There's also these questions that give you charts and other pieces of information.

Those that include charts and numbers require attention to detail and a calculator. Not sure if there's similar practice tests online, other than Simmon's short one. I found them quite hard.

Those without charts and numbers give you verbal information, and ask a question based on it. This is easier than Those with numbers, just read carefully.

Hope this helps

Sara Costa

Jan 13, 2021
It's quite tricky, I definitely did not adequately prepare.

Video interview:

5 questions. Not sure if you'll get the same, but it's a commercial awareness question; why Simmons; and what you like and dislike about commercial law

SJT: Pretty standard. I say look at their website and what values and qualities they look for. I failed to do this, and it definitely cost me

There's also these questions that give you charts and other pieces of information.

Those that include charts and numbers require attention to detail and a calculator. Not sure if there's similar practice tests online, other than Simmon's short one. I found them quite hard.

Those without charts and numbers give you verbal information, and ask a question based on it. This is easier than Those with numbers, just read carefully.

Hope this helps
thank you so much for that, im planning on attempting it tomorrow!

would you mind sharing what the commercial awareness question was?

Reactions: Inquisitive

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.