HSF application question

Iris best

Distinguished Member
Oct 29, 2020
Hi guys I have some questions about the HSF application question: "Introduce us to a topic you know about and explain why it interests you'

My undergraduate degree was in History and I did some fascinating work, which I am truly passionate about. However, is this a bit of an obvious thing to talk about for this question?

Should I try show a broader range of interests?

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi guys I have some questions about the HSF application question: "Introduce us to a topic you know about and explain why it interests you'

My undergraduate degree was in History and I did some fascinating work, which I am truly passionate about. However, is this a bit of an obvious thing to talk about for this question?

I don't see this being a problem. It's a topic you know about and a chance for the firm to see you discuss something you are genuinely passionate about.

Alice G

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Nov 26, 2018

This wouldn't be an issue - in truth, the topic you choose is not the key thing here. What matters is how you convey it and make it interesting to the reader.

Reactions: James Kitching

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.