HSF open day details?

P. Dybala

Star Member
Aug 2, 2018
Hi Guys,

Just had a small question - I got accepted at HSF's open day - I just wanted to ask who has done their open day before and how many people do they select? coz my application wasn't even good and I got picked this make me worry that HSF treat open day as if it was nothing ?

How important is attending HSF open day? does it put you in a good step for VAC or TCs?

Reactions: AJ

Daniel Boden

Legendary Member
Trainee
Highest Rated Member
  • Sep 6, 2018
    I think every open day is important as it gives you the opportunity to a) meet the graduate recruitment team and more importantly b) allows you to differentiate yourself from other candidates as you can really demonstrate an interest in the firm. Moreover, it will give you an insight that not many others will be able to have so I would say it would 100% help you for VS and TC applications!

GGLove

Jun 20, 2018
    Hey - the Open Day isn't an assessment, but it's a chance to show interest in the firm, learn about disputes as a practice area, and resolve any miscellaneous questions/uncertainty you have. It's closer to a university presentation or workshop. But you can obviously use the knowledge you gained through the Open Day if you get the AC.

Edit: I did the Disputes Open Day a couple of years ago - I'm no longer into Disputes, but it was definitely useful when I applied for HSF's second year vac scheme.

Reactions: P. Dybala and Salma

AJ

Legendary Member
    Sep 11, 2018
    As others have said worth going. Useful evidence to be able to use on applications to HSF or other firms.
    Something I’ve noticed is that a few firms have particular question re additional activities which show comittment to a career in law.

Reactions: Salma and P. Dybala

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.