KENNEDYS SQE TRAINING PROGRAMME

Ajkaia

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Which role was this for if you don’t mind me asking? For my first video i only recorded about 30 seconds and it just put a dampener on the rest of my assessments so try not to let it get to you! You still have the interview

It was today, SQE Birmingham Healthcare!

Which one did you apply to?

I don't know if I can actually recover from that L.. just hoping I do well on the senior associate interview on Monday. I haven't given up just yet lol.

Oroma

Legendary Member
Dec 1, 2020
The micro assessments is everyone’s worry. Let’s not forget that this is for a trainee role guys!! If we were perfect we won’t need to train. I guess they’re looking for the barest minimum and not perfection. So as long as you tried your best. It should be okay. Fingers crossed for all of us.

Incase anyone’s wondering:

“Both the assessment centre and interviews are scored separately and you will then be given an overall score for the assessment centre as a whole.”

so every element matters. Not just the micro assessments. Think of how you got along with other candidates, the ice breaker. I’m not sure the competences theyre marking against though. 😭

Ajkaia

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
The micro assessments is everyone’s worry. Let’s not forget that this is for a trainee role guys!! If we were perfect we won’t need to train. I guess they’re looking for the barest minimum and not perfection. So as long as you tried your best. It should be okay. Fingers crossed for all of us.

“Both the assessment centre and interviews are scored separately and you will then be given an overall score for the assessment centre as a whole.”

so every element matters. Not just the written assessments. Think of how you got along with other candidates, the ice breaker. I’m not sure the competences theyre marking against though. 😭
Thank you so much, that kind of put my mind at ease. 🤞🏽 Good luck to all of us😬

zara elles

Valued Member
Dec 24, 2020
It was today, SQE Birmingham Healthcare!

Which one did you apply to?

I don't know if I can actually recover from that L.. just hoping I do well on the senior associate interview on Monday. I haven't given up just yet lol.
Ah okay, was this in the morning or just now? I’m really wondering how many people they interviewed per role now as i heard this morning was birmingham professional liability but i’m not sure if they also muddled everyone up!

Exactly! The senior associate interview is equally important because it’s their team you will be working in so if they like you they might be willing to overlook a blip :)

Reactions: Oroma

zara elles

Valued Member
Dec 24, 2020
Im

so every element matters. Not just the written assessments. Think of how you got along with other candidates, the ice breaker. I’m not sure the competences theyre marking against though. 😭
In mine no one really spoke to the other candidates aha, especially in the Q and A the trainees were just talking a lot, I don’t think i even managed to get a question in! I hope the trainers won’t be giving feedback because i don’t think anyone really got a chance to shine there aha

We were also told that there is a minimum score to meet in order to get a partner interview so i guess if you score highly in the interview it might outweigh the AC, but if my AC score is low i don’t know how much my interview will save me lol

Ajkaia

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Ah okay, was this in the morning or just now? I’m really wondering how many people they interviewed per role now as i heard this morning was birmingham professional liability but i’m not sure if they also muddled everyone up!

Exactly! The senior associate interview is equally important because it’s their team you will be working in so if they like you they might be willing to overlook a blip :)
This was afternoon 2-5 ☺️ There were 7 candidates in total including me at the AC!

I am hoping so! Have you had your senior associate interview? How did it go?

Ajkaia

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Im

In mine no one really spoke to the other candidates aha, especially in the Q and A the trainees were just talking a lot, I don’t think i even managed to get a question in! I hope the trainers won’t be giving feedback because i don’t think anyone really got a chance to shine there aha

We were also told that there is a minimum score to meet in order to get a partner interview so i guess if you score highly in the interview it might outweigh the AC, but if my AC score is low i don’t know how much my interview will save me lol
Same, in mine candidates didn't speak to each other but I asked the trainee a lot of questions so I'm hoping that could pull up my score a bit, although I really don't think the Q&A will weigh a lot..

zara elles

Valued Member
Dec 24, 2020
Same, in mine candidates didn't speak to each other but I asked the trainee a lot of questions so I'm hoping that could pull up my score a bit, although I really don't think the Q&A will weigh a lot..
I think they might just ask them if anyone stood out more than anything else!
Which is a shame because i most definitely didn’t!

Chantelle22

• Mar 3, 2021

so every element matters. Not just the micro assessments. Think of how you got along with other candidates, the ice breaker. I’m not sure the competences theyre marking against though. 😭
    Hey, can i ask where you got this information from?

Oroma

Legendary Member
    Dec 1, 2020
    Im

Really? In mine there was quite a lot of small talk 😭 and we all managed to get atleast two questions in for the trainees by taking turns. I even had the chance of a third but that was for Aaron.

Whew! This round is the least predictable for everyone. Let’s see how it goes though. Hoping by the end of next week we will be told outcome. Also considering a new cycle opens on the 1st of may. They should be rounding up this cycle! 😭 so anxious.

Oroma

Legendary Member
    Dec 1, 2020
    I think everything matters holistically! I don’t think one part weighs more than the others. No one from grad rec specifically told me everything matters btw. I’m just guessing from the grad rec message:

I think they also mark against competences so you could show some in the Q and A session.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.