KENNEDYS SQE TRAINING PROGRAMME

kentlawboy

Standard Member
Feb 25, 2021
Any tips for the interview, struggling to prepare for the strengths-based interview
they say that you can't prepare for strengths questions but you definitely can- I would say make sure youve got your answers to basic competency examples (aka. how to manage complex information, how do you work well in teams) all sorted and then just practice doing some random strengths questions to get yourself in the mindset!

hd112211

• Feb 20, 2021
    Hello all, good luck everyone with Kennedy's assessments/interviews coming up.

One question though, maybe I'm missing something but on their site it says that the 2023 SQE/TC applications open on 1 May 2021. Is this a different round of applications to the ones I'm reading about in this thread? Thanks!

Oroma

Legendary Member
    Dec 1, 2020
    Hello all, good luck everyone with Kennedy's assessments/interviews coming up.

One question though, maybe I'm missing something but on their site it says that the 2023 SQE/TC applications open on 1 May 2021. Is this a different round of applications to the ones I'm reading about in this thread? Thanks!
    Yes it is! This is for 2022 TC and 2021 SQE

lawgal101

Esteemed Member
    Feb 12, 2021
    they say that you can't prepare for strengths questions but you definitely can- I would say make sure youve got your answers to basic competency examples (aka. how to manage complex information, how do you work well in teams) all sorted and then just practice doing some random strengths questions to get yourself in the mindset!
    Thank you!

Oroma

Legendary Member
    Dec 1, 2020
    Has anyone who applied for a TC 2022 with Kennedys had any word about a partner interview yet? The wait is killing me !!!
    Haven’t heard. That’s why I asked if everyone here had done their interview/ac. As GR said we would only start hearing back after this stage has been concluded.

zara elles

Valued Member
    Dec 24, 2020
    Haven’t heard. That’s why I asked if everyone here had done their interview/ac. As GR said we would only start hearing back after this stage has been concluded.
    I know in my AC we were told some people’s interviews hadn’t been confirmed and that they should still expect to have them in the next couple of weeks (this was last week), so i’m assuming we still have a bit of time to wait - but this was for the SQE route!

Oroma

Legendary Member
    Dec 1, 2020
    I know in my AC we were told some people’s interviews hadn’t been confirmed and that they should still expect to have them in the next couple of weeks (this was last week), so i’m assuming we still have a bit of time to wait - but this was for the SQE route!
    It’s so funny cuz I had my TC AC on the 25th of March and Luke told us 2-3 weeks but I didn’t bank on it because I know there’s no consistency with keeping to date😭. After 2 weeks I emailed Abbie and she then told me this concluding the interview stage/couple of weeks info. I think we really still have a bit of time to wait tbh!

Oroma

Legendary Member
    Dec 1, 2020
    It’s so funny cuz I had my TC AC on the 25th of March and Luke told us 2-3 weeks but I didn’t bank on it because I know there’s no consistency with keeping to date😭. After 2 weeks I emailed Abbie and she then told me this concluding the interview stage/couple of weeks info. I think we really still have a bit of time to wait tbh!
    But the next cycle starts on the 1 may so maybe by then everything may be completed.

Reactions: TT98

zara elles

Valued Member
    Dec 24, 2020
    So many people have said that their interviews were more like “having a general conversation” with their interviewer. Seems like I’m the only one whose interviewer was determined to stick strictly to the interview questions 😭
    No this was definitely mine too, just stuck to the questions and when i tried to make some small talk commments i just got one worded replies back :( Finished after about 30 mins

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.