KENNEDYS SQE TRAINING PROGRAMME

Oroma

Legendary Member
Dec 1, 2020
Also, since it's taken so long, I'm wondering if they are looking at SST and the application form jointly to select people for VIs?
I think the application form stage has passed though and a lot may be reliant on the SST’s. I have a friend who applied to the SQE programme and got a PFO instead of invite for a test! So hang in.

gb124

Standard Member
Feb 18, 2021
Hi all, I have just received the email below?

"Thank you for your application to our SQE Training Programme in the London Healthcare team and for the time you have invested in the process so far.

Unfortunately the requirements of the London Healthcare team have recently changed and we are no longer recruiting a trainee this year.

We apologise for the inconvenience caused and would encourage you to keep an eye on the Kennedys careers website for future opportunities that may be of interest.

Thank you for your interest in Kennedys.

Kind regards,
Kennedys Early Careers Team"
I got this too and I felt so frustrated as I didn’t bother applying for the TC!

Reactions: Ava B and ab1147

gb124

Standard Member
Feb 18, 2021
Has anyone else from the London SQE healthcare programme been asked if they would like to be considered for the 2022 TC?
Did they send you an email, I sent an email to them saying I would like to be considered and they replied saying that have noted this. I hope they do actually consider the applications as it’s only fair!

ab1147

Esteemed Member
Jan 21, 2021
Did they send you an email, I sent an email to them saying I would like to be considered and they replied saying that have noted this. I hope they do actually consider the applications as it’s only fair!
Yes I got an email, they said they will update my application. I hope they do too, although I'm a bit worried because the application questions were different for the SQE programme compared to the normal TC I think? And I'm unsure how they would assess me fully for a TC when my application was so targeted towards health specifically? Unless they are weighing more heavily on the SST perhaps!

gb124

Standard Member
Feb 18, 2021
Yeah, I was thinking the same aswell especially as mine was so healthcare focussed. I think there was a question about why Kennedys so hopefully they will just understand the position we are in and base it on our SST!

Ava B

Sep 14, 2020
What did you say in your email?
I have received the one saying they aren’t considering positions for the SQE anymore but if it’s possible to be transferred to a TC that would be great!

ab1147

Esteemed Member
Jan 21, 2021
Yeah, I was thinking the same aswell especially as mine was so healthcare focussed. I think there was a question about why Kennedys so hopefully they will just understand the position we are in and base it on our SST!
I emailed just to clarify, and they got back to me saying that all applications are screened in the same way and having an application tailored towards healthcare wont be of any disadvantage. Based on this I feel like its heavily based on the SST :)

Reactions: gb124

gb124

Standard Member
Feb 18, 2021
What did you say in your email?
I have received the one saying they aren’t considering positions for the SQE anymore but if it’s possible to be transferred to a TC that would be great!
I just asked if my application could be considered for the training contract 2022 and they said they will update the the application! I think it’s definitely worth dropping HR an email!

Reactions: Ava B

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.