KENNEDYS SQE TRAINING PROGRAMME

Ava B

Sep 14, 2020
Hi!

does anyone know if Kennedys sent out tests to all applicants or conditional to whether or not your application is successful??
I have received one too - the email gives no indication of a successful application so I imagine it is just part of the process but not too sure as it is almost two weeks after the deadline!

Reactions: Oroma

Lilz

Esteemed Member
Dec 16, 2020
Hiya, I'm fairly sure that they shortlisted people for the SST once they reviewed all the applications they've received!
Hey,
How did you find it?
Also, I have read that some law firms who use the SST don’t take it into consideration really within a candidate’s performance, it is just there to assess their personality. Do you think this is the same with Kennedys?

Chloe D

Standard Member
Jan 14, 2021
Hey,
How did you find it?
Also, I have read that some law firms who use the SST don’t take it into consideration really within a candidate’s performance, it is just there to assess their personality. Do you think this is the same with Kennedys?

I haven't done mine yet, still doing some practices and getting familiarised with the Cappfinity format (which is the one that Kennedys uses). From my research, it seems that Kennedys uses the SST to further shortlist candidates for the video interview. It could be that they want to test whether your responses align with their values and competencies that they look for in trainees, and then from there, they will decide whether you progress to the next stage (video interview).

Hope that helps! I'm not really certain myself, still trying to figure applications out at this point

Reactions: Ava B

Ajkaia

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Hi everyone,

Thought I'd join this forum. So I have done the SST two days ago and then today got a feedback report but it does not say whether I am unsuccessful or not. Do I just assume I'm not moving onto the next stage? Anyone else had this?

Oroma

Legendary Member
Dec 1, 2020
Hi everyone,

Thought I'd join this forum. So I have done the SST two days ago and then today got a feedback report but it does not say whether I am unsuccessful or not. Do I just assume I'm not moving onto the next stage? Anyone else had this?
They’ll get back in a few weeks with your outcome and if successful, information about the next stage. How was your feedback report?

Ajkaia

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
I didn't get an email confirmation after I've done the test to be fair!

I'm sure you will get a feedback report shortly.

I just read the invitation email again and it does say they will send us our results and then hear after a couple of weeks if successful.

"Please expect an update on your application within the next couple of weeks, once your results are received. If successful, the next stage of the process will be a video interview."

Ajkaia

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
How was it?? I'm doing it today but it's my first SST so I'm a bit nervous!

I found it quite hard as it was confusing but I've just done my best as in my opinion I don't think there's anyway I could have practiced or prepared for it.

It definitely took way longer than 1.5 hours for me! It's not timed either so you can take a break and go back to it if you feel you are losing focus.

Good luck with it!

Oroma

Legendary Member
Dec 1, 2020
How was it?? I'm doing it today but it's my first SST so I'm a bit nervous!
It’s a strength test so a genuine test to see if you match with the firm! Nothing to worry about and no sort of practice is really necessary. Part of the test there’s done critical reasoning. Maybe you could practice some Watson Glaser but even if you don’t you’ll be fine. Just be honest and genuine.
Because the email says give yourself atleast 1.5 hours. Although it’s not timed, I don’t know why my instincts tell me to stick to 1.5 hours. I think I spent less than that. I’ve gotten my feedback report too and now waiting to see if I’m successful or not. Goodluck!

Oroma

Legendary Member
Dec 1, 2020
It’s a strength test so a genuine test to see if you match with the firm! Nothing to worry about and no sort of practice is really necessary. Part of the test there’s done critical reasoning. Maybe you could practice some Watson Glaser but even if you don’t you’ll be fine. Just be honest and genuine.
Because the email says give yourself atleast 1.5 hours. Although it’s not timed, I don’t know why my instincts tell me to stick to 1.5 hours. I think I spent less than that. I’ve gotten my feedback report too and now waiting to see if I’m successful or not. Goodluck!
*some critical reasoning

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.