Linklaters 2019/20 Application

lawyermeup

Distinguished Member
Future Trainee
Sep 20, 2020
llooooolll resource and work management was my worst tooo xD

Yup. Hey, seeing how Clifford Chance's complicated procedure is going right now, Linklaters app feels like heaven ngl

Ahhh I got resilience and excellence (and the Resource and Work management as my worst loool)

Resource and work management was my worst, and resilience was one of my best and I've just finished the winter vacation scheme at Linklaters!!! Best of luck to you both, and if you progress, send me a message!!

• ℹ️
  • 🏆
Reactions: A12345, Zaynah, HCY and 2 others

lawyermeup

Distinguished Member
Future Trainee
Sep 20, 2020
Awww yayyyy! How was it? Did you enjoy? Cheeky TC offer at the end?
Our TC interviews are happening in January, so still got a wait to found out. But overall, the scheme was absolutely incredible, Linklaters are superb and they have put on a great virtual scheme. A real highlight being the Hotel Chocolat chocolate tasting they organised for us!!!

• 🤝
Reactions: Manifesting

Celestie

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Our TC interviews are happening in January, so still got a wait to found out. But overall, the scheme was absolutely incredible, Linklaters are superb and they have put on a great virtual scheme. A real highlight being the Hotel Chocolat chocolate tasting they organised for us!!!

Ahahahah excellent - how did they manage to achieve that?

Moe

Star Member
  • Dec 24, 2019
    I don't really get how that can be a weakness considering most of us are juggling degrees, applications, extra curricular and, in my case, a part-time job ahahhah

Guessing that you will always have a weakness in this test. I feel like Resource and Work management is the price we pay for the strengths we received, but I'm sure that they will carry a balancing exercise between those values.

Celestie

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    2020 Community Winner
  • Nov 14, 2020
    Guessing that you will always have a weakness in this test. I feel like Resource and Work management is the price we pay for the strengths we received, but I'm sure that they will carry a balancing exercise between those values.

I am actually so curious as to how they decide between applicants through this CAPP and WG. As seen earlier in this thread, you can get 38/40 and still get rejected. Any idea?

NK

Distinguished Member
    Jul 28, 2020
    I am actually so curious as to how they decide between applicants through this CAPP and WG. As seen earlier in this thread, you can get 38/40 and still get rejected. Any idea?
    I’ve heard that they prioritise CAPP Assessment results over the WG - but then again, I could be wrong. This is what I’ve heard from most people though :)

Legal_rawn

Legendary Member
    Forum Winner
    Dec 21, 2019
    For the CAPP test I expect they have a lot more information about an individuals performance than we, as applicants, see in that report. It most likely isn’t as simple as certain highest attributes get an AC, otherwise people would quickly work out which one they needed to get and not answer honestly. This is just my opinion so obviously I could be wrong but as someone who has made it to an AC and also not made it to an AC I expect it probably is the case. Just to put anyone’s mind at rest if they didn’t get the attributes they thought they needed! :)

• ℹ️
    Reactions: RS134, Dillon, Zaynah and 4 others

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.