Mooting Supreme Court Appeal

kokothemagicdragon

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Dec 23, 2021
    Hello all,

I'm currently doing research for a mooting competition where I have to write an appeal composed of two ground of appeal to the supreme court. I however don't know how one would start an appeal, what is the proper written form? And as for citations, does one use OSCOLA(the moot instructions don't mention it)? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: George Maxwell

George Maxwell

Administrator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer 50
    Oct 25, 2021
    Hello all,

I'm currently doing research for a mooting competition where I have to write an appeal composed of two ground of appeal to the supreme court. I however don't know how one would start an appeal, what is the proper written form? And as for citations, does one use OSCOLA(the moot instructions don't mention it)? Thanks in advance.
    Hey @kokothemagicdragon,

I am sorry that I am only replying to this now. I have just taken an extended period of holiday, so apologies for not seeing this sooner!

Unfortunately I have not done much mooting so I can't help with your query directly. However, have you taken a look through the forum for content about mooting? It might be worth trying to find users who have previously posted about mooting and messaging them directly with some questions.

I understand that you are likely to have resolved this question already. What was the right answer in the end if you managed to find out?

kokothemagicdragon

Legendary Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Dec 23, 2021
    Hey @kokothemagicdragon,

I am sorry that I am only replying to this now. I have just taken an extended period of holiday, so apologies for not seeing this sooner!

Unfortunately I have not done much mooting so I can't help with your query directly. However, have you taken a look through the forum for content about mooting? It might be worth trying to find users who have previously posted about mooting and messaging them directly with some questions.

I understand that you are likely to have resolved this question already. What was the right answer in the end if you managed to find out?
    Never found out what the correct format was. Still submitted an appeal and will be hearing back tomorrow so I guess I'll find out!

• 🏆
    Reactions: George Maxwell

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.