My Road To A TC

akskhurana

Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Dec 24, 2021
    Hey!

I'm Aks; here's my first post about the active steps I'm taking towards getting a TC. Hopefully this is one step closer to being more accountable with my journey!

I'm a second-year LLB student at Queen Mary, I've worked in the fintech legal space in Dubai, and I'm involved with an interesting tech project at the moment (more about me on my Linkedin: www.akskhurana.com - happy to connect with any applicants.) I'm also a Latham & Watkins Brand Ambassador, so if anyone needs any Latham application help - shout! (more about Latham's FY schemes / vac schemes / TCs are available here: http://ocply.co/lw22-qmul-_app)

Goals for October (Next two weeks)

1. Draft my "Why Commercial Law" and "Extracurriculars" answer after going through the TCLA Application course
    2. Perfect my work experience section, using the whole 250 words and drawing out points clearly
    3. Complete my first application after a networking meeting next week, and send it in by the end of the month
    Setting my reminder to update this thread by next Friday!

Aks

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hey!

I'm Aks; here's my first post about the active steps I'm taking towards getting a TC. Hopefully this is one step closer to being more accountable with my journey!

I'm a second-year LLB student at Queen Mary, I've worked in the fintech legal space in Dubai, and I'm involved with an interesting tech project at the moment (more about me on my Linkedin: www.akskhurana.com - happy to connect with any applicants.) I'm also a Latham & Watkins Brand Ambassador, so if anyone needs any Latham application help - shout! (more about Latham's FY schemes / vac schemes / TCs are available here: http://ocply.co/lw22-qmul-_app)

Goals for October (Next two weeks)

1. Draft my "Why Commercial Law" and "Extracurriculars" answer after going through the TCLA Application course
    2. Perfect my work experience section, using the whole 250 words and drawing out points clearly
    3. Complete my first application after a networking meeting next week, and send it in by the end of the month
    Setting my reminder to update this thread by next Friday!

Aks

Hi Aks,

It looks like you have a wealth of interesting experiences already and I look forward to reading your Friday update. Let me know if you run into any challenges in this thread and I can share my thoughts.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.