My TC Journey

Feb 16, 2024
Hi - I'm a Cambridge law grad with a mid-2:1 and 43/45 at IB. I mostly have experience in high-street law, mini-pupillages, and as a research assistant at a different university. I was applying to the bar, but after finding that I actually really enjoy working in firms, I've decided to apply to TCs this year instead. Currently, I'm trying to work out how to write a Baker McKenzie application, so I'm clearing my mind by doing this instead.

So far, my application cycle looks like this:

1. Hogan Lovells - Applied
2. Mayer Brown - Applied
3. Stephenson Harwood - Applied
4. Macfarlanes - Applied
5. Orrick - Applied - PFO Post App
6. Laytons - Applied
7. Withers - Applied
8. Fox Williams - Applied - Invited to Test
9. King & Spalding - Applied
10. BCLP - Applied - Passed Online Test
11. Russell-Cooke - Applied - PFO Post App
12. Howard Kennedy - Applied
13. White & Case - Applied
14. Ashurst - Applied
15. Paul Hastings - Applied
16. Dentons - Applied
17. Blake Morgan - Applied - PFO Post App
18. Beale & Co. - Applied
19. Payne Hicks Beach - Applied

I'm planning on finishing about 45 applications total including, I really, really hope, this Baker McKenzie one.

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Hi - I'm a Cambridge law grad with a mid-2:1 and 43/45 at IB. I mostly have experience in high-street law, mini-pupillages, and as a research assistant at a different university. I was applying to the bar, but after finding that I actually really enjoy working in firms, I've decided to apply to TCs this year instead. Currently, I'm trying to work out how to write a Baker McKenzie application, so I'm clearing my mind by doing this instead.

2. Mayer Brown - Applied
4. Macfarlanes - Applied
6. Laytons - Applied
7. Withers - Applied
14. Ashurst - Applied
16. Dentons - Applied

I'm planning on finishing about 45 applications total including, I really, really hope, this Baker McKenzie one.
Amazing accomplishment completing 45 applications, you are showing resilience, strong-mindedness and confidence in yourself and your goals which is amazing!

I am sure that this demonstrated determination will lend you an offer very soon, you just have to keep working on this dream you have!

This is a perfect way to keep yourself accountable but also to inspire others if they need some motivation and inspiration in their journeys so congratulations to you.

Good luck with your Baker application!

Reactions: Jaysen

SiriCyber

Apr 2, 2024
That's amazing!! it shows that you are pretty much focused and determined! Kudos to you.

As a foreign applicant, first time applying to Norton Rose Fulbright TC - I would love to hear about your application process briefly. what do you recommend when applying?

Thanks!

Sharon Wu

Esteemed Member
Oct 27, 2023

2. Mayer Brown - Applied
4. Macfarlanes - Applied
6. Laytons - Applied
7. Withers - Applied
14. Ashurst - Applied
16. Dentons - Applied

Hey, how's it going? Any update?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.