Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Here are mine. I'll make a note to check back here at the end of the year to see how I did, hopefully, it'll motivate me to meet my goals this year. Everyone else - post your 2019 goals below and I will get in touch on 31/12/2019 to see if you achieved them.

Personal

Go to the gym at least 3x a week
    Push myself further outside my comfort zone (a little vague, I know - still working on how to phrase this one/make it more specific)
    Spend 15 minutes planning each morning (to do lists/goal-setting)
    Give myself more of a break outside work (I need to remind myself it's a marathon, not a sprint)

Professional (TCLA)

Develop the TCLA Classes page/film at least 10 lawyers for a series of commercial classes
    Produce our "introduction to the City" course
    Reach 5,000 members in the forum and a 15,000 monthly reach

Last edited:

Abstruser

Legendary Member
    Trainee
    Jul 19, 2018
    As always, at the top of my list is to secure a TC this year (!), but a really important goal for me is to start moving towards a zero-waste lifestyle. Learning about the failures of the global waste recycling system (https://unearthed.greenpeace.org/20...-plastics-found-in-illegal-dumps-in-malaysia/) has really been a big wake-up call for me, so I'd like to take a little more ownership over my contribution to this global problem.

I'd also like to hit the gym more often, but we'll see how that one goes :p

Lawgirlxo

Esteemed Member
    Future Trainee
    Jun 20, 2018
    2018 was such a rollercoaster.

For 2019, I plan to consciously:

1. Embrace life and all that it has to offer;

- not being put off by challenges
    - embracing opportunities
    - appreciating the smallest things
    - living life one day at a time

2. Have the confidence to always portray my true self and personality

3. Relax and enjoy the process of achieving my goals/dreams

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    As always, at the top of my list is to secure a TC this year (!), but a really important goal for me is to start moving towards a zero-waste lifestyle. Learning about the failures of the global waste recycling system (https://unearthed.greenpeace.org/20...-plastics-found-in-illegal-dumps-in-malaysia/) has really been a big wake-up call for me, so I'd like to take a little more ownership over my contribution to this global problem.

I'd also like to hit the gym more often, but we'll see how that one goes :p
    2018 was such a rollercoaster.

For 2019, I plan to consciously:

1. Embrace life and all that it has to offer;

- not being put off by challenges
    - embracing opportunities
    - appreciating the smallest things
    - living life one day at a time

2. Have the confidence to always portray my true self and personality

3. Relax and enjoy the process of achieving my goals/dreams

Very interesting guys!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Abstruser and Lawgirlxo

SJamal

Star Member
    Nov 18, 2018
    2018 - was a very unproductive year for me. I had a number of aspirations, but nothing came to fruition. In fact, things got worse!

Hopefully, 2019 will be productive from a professional and personal standpoint. 2019 goals, in no specific order:

1) To get a Training Contract, InshaAllah (which means God Willing) this will be the year (this requires doing more quality applications);
    2) To wake up early and go to sleep early;
    3) To improve my Arabic;
    4) To spend my time being productive;
    5) To read more Books;
    6) To not look at what others are doing but to just focussed on myself;
    7) To eat more healthy foods (this one is going to be very hard!).

As the saying goes: “Live your days, so you craft your life”

FutureCity

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Dec 23, 2018
    I have not set a goal, but rather told myself that I want all my goals from now on to fall under this criteria:

- achievable: often I sent grand goals which are realistically unattainable, this year I want to focus on ensuring my goals are feasible.
    - defined: the more you define your goals, the better. Instead of saying I want to be fit, I will say I want to go to the gym 3 times a week, and whilst there follow this specific plan [run 5k, do 50 pushups, whatever it may be]
    - small steps: lastly, I want to be consistent in my progress, pushing myself to do something, even if a little, until I can build it into a real habit.

wish me luck, haha!

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    I have not set a goal, but rather told myself that I want all my goals from now on to fall under this criteria:

- achievable: often I sent grand goals which are realistically unattainable, this year I want to focus on ensuring my goals are feasible.
    - defined: the more you define your goals, the better. Instead of saying I want to be fit, I will say I want to go to the gym 3 times a week, and whilst there follow this specific plan [run 5k, do 50 pushups, whatever it may be]
    - small steps: lastly, I want to be consistent in my progress, pushing myself to do something, even if a little, until I can build it into a real habit.

wish me luck, haha!

These are great ideas. I also need to work on making more defined goals and smaller steps!

George

Star Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 31, 2018
    Right now I have 3 main goals for 2019:

1) Cut dairy completely from my diet for similar reasons that @Abstruser has listed (I'm still a long way from giving up meat tho:p)
    2) Secure a vacation scheme (need to motivate myself to make more applications)
    3) Read more books, or really anything that isn't a textbook or a journal article!

Hope everyone succeeds by the end of the year!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.