Other job roles that offer visa sponsorship UK

Mayday17

May 22, 2024
Hello, I have an LLB and LLM LPC but it’s been hard to find legal roles that offer visa sponsorship. I saw some advice about compliance or business service roles and would like to please know more about that. I am a legal assistant now but looking for anything within my knowledge and skills that would offer a visa sponsorship. Still perusing training contracts and paralegal roles but they are difficult to get.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hello, I have an LLB and LLM LPC but it’s been hard to find legal roles that offer visa sponsorship. I saw some advice about compliance or business service roles and would like to please know more about that. I am a legal assistant now but looking for anything within my knowledge and skills that would offer a visa sponsorship. Still perusing training contracts and paralegal roles but they are difficult to get.
Many business service roles won’t sponsor unless they have a very specific set of knowledge or are more tech related.

The challenges with the visa system that came in at April this year, particularly the increase in the minimum salary threshold, will make many entry level business roles not meet the basic criteria. There is also an issue where they tend to be as hoc roles and necessarily don’t have the budget associated with them to pay for visa fees.

Reactions: CallumJR

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.