EmmKay

Standard Member
Nov 7, 2019
Hi everyone :)

I'm really interested in pursuing the client focused, impactful quality of work commercial law firms offer. I am attracted to the prospect of working with organisations rather than individuals. Pro bono work for charities, NGOs and social start-ups etc appeals to me. It seems like such organisations choose large commercial law firms to be represented by.

Increasingly, commercial law firms are introducing pro bono as a dedicated practice area and appointing dedicated pro bono associates (and partners). CSR and Legal research driven professional support roles are also continuing to emerge.

Apart from looking firms' websites, are there any resources that provide info on what commercial law firms offer pro bono practices, dedicated positions, and CSR or research driven professional support roles for graduates/aspiring lawyers? I know DLA Piper has a dedicated pro bono practice, as does Reed Smith, but I'm struggling to get a clear picture of how to pursue a pro bono career at a commercial law firm.

Any advice, tips or signposting to resources would be really helpful :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.