lotuslaw

Jan 22, 2021
On the initial email from them when i submitted my application it said "Please note, for most of our graduate and undergraduate programmes, we recruit on a rolling basis, which means when our roles open, they will fill up on a first come first served basis. If the vacancy you’ve applied for fills up before you’ve completed the application process, we may be able to offer you the opportunity to consider another vacancy with us* and you’ll be asked to demonstrate why you would like to move to the new role. If successful you’ll continue through the application process from your current position." does this mean even though the deadline is 12 Feb its still rolling?

CSM

Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 23, 2020
Hi everyone, if anyone has any info on the case study for the VI that would be great! Any tips on how to prepare, etc. Last year I seem to remember it was focused on tax but I didn’t make a note of it, which I really regret now.

Reactions: h1

LegalLordLox

Legendary Member
Jan 3, 2021
Hi everyone, if anyone has any info on the case study for the VI that would be great! Any tips on how to prepare, etc. Last year I seem to remember it was focused on tax but I didn’t make a note of it, which I really regret now.
I remember it being about analysing the numbers and making a recommendation.

just make sure you have a Ben and paper with a calculator on your phone ready. Not in your screen as you want to see all of the data and be able to scroll easily.

please let us all know how you get on! Best of luck!

Reactions: jan28 and h1

MFK

Aug 25, 2019
Hi guys! I know PWC has given out rejections as well as VIs after the career unlocked stage but on my application portal it still says under review. Is that the same for any of you? Should I email them or just wait it out?

h1

Esteemed Member
Oct 12, 2020
Hi guys! I know PWC has given out rejections as well as VIs after the career unlocked stage but on my application portal it still says under review. Is that the same for any of you? Should I email them or just wait it out?
The email after Career Unlocked did say they'll get back to us a week after the deadline, so I'd maybe see if you hear back today? If not, then maybe send them an email for Monday.

doublesalchow

Junior Lawyer
Mar 13, 2019
With PwC's VI, I'm anticipating some questions would be different for the vac scheme, but I got through the Women in Business (Tax) in my second year and had to go through the VI as well from HireVue.

I remembered the questions were somewhere along the lines of:
1) Why PwC?
2) How do your experiences attribute to PwC's core values?
3) Tell me about a time where you showed leadership/teamwork/a challenge.

Totally don't recall what the case study was unfortunately!!

Don't count me on this since the VI was on Tax. Hope this helps :)

jan28

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 12, 2019
hi guys do you know if there's definitely a case study in the vi? I've only become aware that they do case studies during it recently so haven't prepared for that at all really!

LegalLordLox

Legendary Member
Jan 3, 2021
Good luck guys! Let us know how you get on! Did you find the career conversation tough? Was it the same as last year or few questions and then the case study, which If i remember correctly was tax based?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.