Shoosmiths 2021

AlarmedBookkeeper448

Premium Member
  • Dec 18, 2019
    Just got an email saying my application will not be progressed for the vacation scheme but "we want you to know that your application scored highly and will continue to be considered for a training contract". I was told I would be contacted May/June but I'm not sure if I have a fair shot since I couldn't even secure a vacation scheme with them? I'm not sure how the logic works but let me know if anyone has some insight or got the same email!
    does that mean that you have a guarantee for the assessment centre?

Renemccarthy

Star Member
    Feb 17, 2021
    I think they’re reviewing them in order as the email said they review them as they come in.

Guess this means we won’t hear back until next week hopefully!
    I think they’re reviewing them in order as the email said they review them as they come in.

Guess this means we won’t hear back until next week hopefully!
    Yes I agree, I did mine straight after @TLS_

Mehru Nisa

Apr 14, 2021
    Just got an email saying my application will not be progressed for the vacation scheme but "we want you to know that your application scored highly and will continue to be considered for a training contract". I was told I would be contacted May/June but I'm not sure if I have a fair shot since I couldn't even secure a vacation scheme with them? I'm not sure how the logic works but let me know if anyone has some insight or got the same email!
    I got the same email!

Reactions: xtinew

Amy_22

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Nov 15, 2020
    I'm yet to apply for Shoosmiths, I have my answers drafted and could possibly get the application sent off next week. Should I bother applying considering the deadline is on 31 May and they recruit on a rolling basis? Thanks

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I'm yet to apply for Shoosmiths, I have my answers drafted and could possibly get the application sent off next week. Should I bother applying considering the deadline is on 31 May and they recruit on a rolling basis? Thanks
    If you have your answers drafted, why waste all that effort? You might as well apply now you have done all the hard work!

karinny

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Mar 17, 2021
    As Shoosmiths are recruiting on a rolling basis, do they contact you on your application before the deadline for applications?

Sorry, if this is a stupid question, I've not applied to a firm on a rolling basis before 😅

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.