Slaughter and May VS 2021/TC 2023 application

Aasha.k

Feb 11, 2021
That's great to hear a more positive story. Most of the posts I've read on TCLA have mentioned that they were grilled at the interview.

How much of your interview was spent discussing the article? From your comment, I gather that most of your interview was focused on you and your background.
Id say we spent around 45 mins talking about my cv and background then around 15-20 mins on the article and then around 5 wish mins for my own questions. We did go overtime a little bit

Aasha.k

Feb 11, 2021
My referee just contacted me saying that they have just spoken to S&M on the phone this morning - I'm guessing they wouldn't contact your reference if they're planning to reject you. Im feeling very nervous and will be on edge all day.

If it helps, I was interviewed on Tuesday so I guess people who were interviewed last week could reach out to their reference to see if they've been contacted.

Best of luck to everyone x

Samantha

Legendary Member
Nov 18, 2020
My referee just contacted me saying that they have just spoken to S&M on the phone this morning - I'm guessing they wouldn't contact your reference if they're planning to reject you. Im feeling very nervous and will be on edge all day.

If it helps, I was interviewed on Tuesday so I guess people who were interviewed last week could reach out to their reference to see if they've been contacted.

You probably got it !!

conniekatherine

Esteemed Member
Sep 30, 2019

You've definitely got it! Very nervous now ahh

Reactions: Samantha

sparky10

Star Member
Feb 12, 2021
My referee says he's heard nothing, and I interviewed last Monday. Guessing it's bad news :( so so gutted, worked really hard on preparing for this interview and it's my top firm :(
It doesn't necessarily mean you are unsuccessful it might just be that different partners are taking longer to make decisions. I wouldn't be worried until you know for sure :)! x

Aasha.k

Feb 11, 2021
Yeah but they make all the decisions at the same time :(
When I was talking to one of the trainees he said that it all depends on whether your partner was free on the Friday that they discussed. He said that on his vac scheme it took 4 week for them to get back to him because his interviewing partner was super busy, he said that he even received a message on LinkedIn reiterating that they hadn't forgotten about him

Samantha

Legendary Member
Nov 18, 2020
When I was talking to one of the trainees he said that it all depends on whether your partner was free on the Friday that they discussed. He said that on his vac scheme it took 4 week for them to get back to him because his interviewing partner was super busy, he said that he even received a message on LinkedIn reiterating that they hadn't forgotten about him
Ah ok I have a little more hope!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.