Stephenson Harwood interview vac scheme

Catherine

Distinguished Member
Nov 28, 2018
Stephenson Harwood HR interview Feb 2019

I went to the London office for an hour long interview with HR. This interview also applies if you are applying for a training contract, though you also have another AC after this interview for a TC (you do this on the vac scheme).

The interview was quite structured, and seemed to be split into three sections.
I was first asked about my studying experience - why did I choose to study law, why did I choose my university, what was my favourite module, what was my dissertation on, etc.

Then I think it was why law as a career, why commercial law over other areas of law, had I considered any other careers and if so why do I prefer law etc. I was asked why Stephenson Harwood, and asked if I could name a few deals they had been involved in and what practice areas I was interested in. I wasn't asked how they were different from competitors or where else I had applied.

There was also a few competency based questions e.g. team work, challenged yourself.

Whilst there was clearly a set of questions which were being asked, the interviewer would sometimes ask further questions based on what I had said. She also wrote down a lot of what I was saying. It was a pleasant interview and quite relaxed. :)

• ℹ️
Reactions: Suleman Ali and Jaysen

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.