Summer Vacation Schemes and the GDL (Jan start)

M&ALawyer

Valued Member
Future Trainee
Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone,

Does anyone have experience in starting the GDL in January, and doing summer vacation schemes within this same year? Is this realistic or is there usually an overlap between the dates of study and dates of vacation schemes?

I have a work commitment which means I can only start the GDL in Jan, and am fearful this may restrict my availability to apply and attend any vacation schemes!

Thanks

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Yes I believe it is the accelerated course.

Probably worthwhile getting confirmation of what dates the course concludes. Some of the later summer schemes might be a possibility but for firms with earlier dates you may just want to apply for direct TCs or winter schemes if you can fit them in.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.