TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NS95

Star Member
Oct 25, 2021
Got my offer from Freshfields through a couple of hours ago, so I expect everyone will hear very shortly.
HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!!!

claps ææ GIF

Reactions: Jaysen

NaimK

Valued Member
May 6, 2019
Hey everyone,

On a couple of firm websites, they have specified a desire/need for prospective trainees to have completed the 'City electives' during the LPC of Equity Finance, Debt Finance and Private Acquisitions.

I did Corporate Finance as an elective. Does anyone know if this would be considered an appropriate substitute for either of (or both) the finance modules? I studied at BPP Holborn btw, and the elective covers elements of both debt and equity finance.

Reactions: stone’sthrow

NaimK

Valued Member
May 6, 2019
I have completed a couple of virtual internships on firm's websites. Should these be included in my applications/ are they enough to take up a work experience section of the form?

Good question, and to follow this up, would that kind of experience classify as legal work experience?

That is the only form of 'legal' experience I have right now, so I am interested in the answer as well.

Reactions: John Travoni
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.