TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopefullylaw2000

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
Dec 11, 2020
Saaame.

And I still haven’t heard back from Freshfields post WG. I just emailed to ask for my score but after this HL PFO, I’m not expecting a high score. Sigh.
If it helps i got rejected from HL for the VS post WG (got 5% looool) then passed the Freshfields one to get to the AC:)

JSM123

Star Member
Oct 11, 2021
Just got a PFO from Hogan Lovells despite having 2 degrees (1st Class in my first degree and 2.1 in Law at an oxbridge uni) AND scoring high 90s percentile in my WG test with them. What is the point of them sending out a WG for me (us) to complete if high 90s percentile is not good enough? Am I meant to get 99th percentile!!!?
Really sorry to hear this mate (just from my own insight I would imagine it had to do with the written questions as I believe from grad rec the HL initial screening, they don't read your answers yet so their final decision is a mix of the questions + WG score)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Just got a PFO from Hogan Lovells despite having 2 degrees (1st Class in my first degree and 2.1 in Law at an oxbridge uni) AND scoring high 90s percentile in my WG test with them. What is the point of them sending out a WG for me (us) to complete if high 90s percentile is not good enough? Am I meant to get 99th percentile!!!?
I understand this is incredibly frustrating, especially when the process isn't completely clear.

However, I very much doubt the decision was made on the basis of the WG. I suspect that after the WG result they reviewed your application (whether for the first or second time), and that the decision was made based on information elsewhere in your application. Given they weigh up so many different information points on an application, it really could be anything but your degrees/WG score that have made them come to this conclusion.

• 🤝
Reactions: AvniD and HopefulForALawJob
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.